It's not PAD nor TAD this time... It's AAD!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ossian

Reaction score
That's right, Axe Aquisition Disorder! These last days I've been drooling over some of the axes from Gränsfors Bruk, one of sweden's most prominent axe-makers... Especially those replicas of the Two-lugged beard axe or the French trade-axe tomahawk! The battle-axe seems a little extreme...

Found under Products, the replicas! 8)

http://www.gransfors.com/htm_eng/index.html

Seeing as this a pipe and tobacco forum, how do they smoke? :p

monbla256":fxfm7v30 said:
You know, I've seen examples of European items made for trade with native Americans that combined a pipe with a tomahawk. Just sayin'.
Maybe my geek side is showing, but I like these. It's nice to see authentic, quality replicas still being made, rather than the sheet-metal "fantasy" battle axes you see everywhere else.

Yeah, I've seen the pipe/axe ones too! Without being an expert I think they represent the war/peace relationship very nicely. But as I know the Gränsfors axes, they are pure quality and reflect the people who work there and their interest and knowledge! Plus a 20 year guarantee! The ones at my countryhouse have lasted without problems since the 70's!

Also, if I stumble upon a pipe/axe, I will purchase it and give a review of it! Be sure of that! :lol:

I think I could use one of the smaller hatchets as a flake or plug axe. I sense I'm looking at quality goods here. How does one order? I didn't see a cart on the site.

MisterE":xqyu4lwv said:
monbla256":xqyu4lwv said:
Could be handy for plug tobacco.... :p
:lol!: There you go! I've got some dried-out 3P I may need to take an axe to.

George Kaplan":84xxstkp said:
monbla256":84xxstkp said:
You know, I've seen examples of European items made for trade with native Americans that combined a pipe with a tomahawk. Just sayin'.
Maybe my geek side is showing, but I like these. It's nice to see authentic, quality replicas still being made, rather than the sheet-metal "fantasy" battle axes you see everywhere else.
I've had three different models of those pipe-axes and they were all poor axes and miserable pipes!

To the original post, I've owned two of these axes, and both were beautifully made, hand-forged gems. The smaller axe was beautiful. Hand signed my Peterson, and more expensive than their average size hatchets or even one of the smaller forest axes. I asked them why and they said to hand-forge such a small, thin blade is much more difficult than the larger ones, and they have a higher percentage that break/shatter from the hammer-forge.

Unfortunately, my blade had an air-bubble in it and I lost about 1/3 of the edge one of the first times I used it. Something they wouldn't be able to see during the production, so no ones fault, but still a loss to me. I now use it as a debarker for firewood.

Get a small or medium size forest axe, take care of it, and your grand-kids will be using it long after you're gone.

Natch