JackKnife Plug!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they sent me an e-mail announcing its availability. When I clicked on the e-mail (maybe five minutes after it was sent to me) it was already listed as "OUT OF STOCK." Which, honestly, I felt to be kind of pathetic.

Lol...I didn't even bother checking. No way it was going to last long, if it was even available to begin with.

WE, the collective, cause that..

A new blend comes out or a rumor floats that an old blend is ceasing production and the horde makes a run on it. How can a company account for that? If they triple/quadruple stock it and it doesn't move they are screwed.. if it moves well and they don't super stock it they are screwed.

No doubt...I'm sure the demand vs supply will balance out before too long and we will all be able to get our hands on some of it.

Well damn, I got 3 tins not one minute before I posted that. Sorry guys, they should have more soon

Cody V":2dqxkb7i said:
Well damn, I got 3 tins not one minute before I posted that. Sorry guys, they should have more soon
So you could send two of those tins to me?!? What a great guy you are, Cody. You're my buddy!!! :lol:

Natch

I'm sure smokingpipes won't be the exclusive retailer, and GLP/C&D never seem to have problems keeping up...

puros_bran":x5pm0g09 said:

A new blend comes out or a rumor floats that an old blend is ceasing production and the horde makes a run on it. How can a company account for that? If they triple/quadruple stock it and it doesn't move they are screwed.. if it moves well and they don't super stock it they are screwed.
True. I think the recent SG FVF shortage is a case in point and largely due to that very phenomenon. People saw other people hoarding and aging and "POOF" it´s all gone. It becomes a fad, so to speak.... A blend takes on mythical/magical proportions and all of a sudden it´s the "only bestest" thing out there. :p

MisterE":w93dyyte said:
puros_bran":w93dyyte said:

True. I think the recent SG FVF shortage is a case in point and largely due to that very phenomenon. People saw other people hoarding and aging and "POOF" it´s all gone. It becomes a fad, so to speak.... A blend takes on mythical/magical proportions and all of a sudden it´s the "only bestest" thing out there. :p
Yes!! :cheers:

I became interested in Greg's new blend as soon as I read about it on his site and was looking forward to trying it when it was released. I've looked around the web a bit this morning and the only e-tailer that seems to have had any stock at all was Smokingpipes.
I'd bet there were folks that ordered 10 tins or more without even trying it, that's fine but not something I would do. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this new blend soon.

I find the SG FVF "phenomenon" and the fact that one outlet is out of a brand new GLP item to be unrelated. At this point I think that one wanting to try the new plug would be well served by placing a call to C&D directly. Unlike SG. C&D are HERE, and that's only part of the difference.

You remember the telephone? Used to be big, black and bakelite? Now it's itty bitty and national long distance is free?

While I can't actually push the little buttons FOR you, here's the number:

800-433-0080

They're open 10 - 4 monday thru friday...unless the fish are biting.

Ya snooze...ya lose! :sleep:

Blackhorse":acdlgo13 said:
I find the SG FVF "phenomenon" and the fact that one outlet is out of a brand new GLP item to be unrelated. At this point I think that one wanting to try the new plug would be well served by placing a call to C&D directly. Unlike SG. C&D are HERE, and that's only part of the difference.

You remember the telephone? Used to be big, black and bakelite? Now it's itty bitty and national long distance is free?

While I can't actually push the little buttons FOR you, here's the number:

800-433-0080

They're open 10 - 4 monday thru friday...unless the fish are biting.

Ya snooze...ya lose! :sleep:
Telephone? Then we have to practice our social skills, conversational and such... :scratch:

TOOOOTALLY didn't see that one coming...

...psych. :roll: