Jan Pietenpauw PICTURES

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a pipe from Jean, made out of a block of briar which has been drying for 30 years, he says. According to people around here whom I've spoken to, I have no reason to doubt this gentleman,

My question is: How many brothers smoke Jan Pietenpauw pipes and what do you say about them?

Richard Burley":sq2b7vb8 said:
No sabe nada, but you've got me interested.  He's got some FINE specimens on his site:

http://www.pietenpauw.co.za/
He has been HIGHLY recommended by no other than Charl Goussard! Now, if one pipe maker recommends another, there must be something to it.

Charl is a good friend of mine and won't take me for a ride.

Btw, when I told Charl about the 30 years old block of briar he mentioned to me that he's got a 50 years old block!! Guess who will be getting a pipe made out of that block :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

Although shamefully I don't own one of Janpietenpauw's pipes I've heard nothing
but good things about them in the past. Not long ago there was a post about them if I
remember correctly. :scratch:

You're a disgrace, Ron, an absolute disgrace. You should be flogged with a bag of Smoker's Pride Cherry. :cherry:

That is indeed shameful Ron so I second the flogging and toss in a bag of Mellow for good measure.

Jean makes some beauties. I signed up to be notified when he has new pipes available for purchase.

Well, I received some good and some bad news tonight..........

Good news first...my wife decided to buy me the Jan Pietenpauw as a Christmas present. She has already paid for it via EFT and it should be here on Monday.

Bad news....I must wait until Christmas before I may open the package.

But, I'm waiting for three others pipes, two estates and one new. So I will have enough to keep me busy until then.

It's the good life, man!

Oh and my Escudo which went awol turned up at the customs. I'm going to fetch it tomorrow. It's been sitting there since June due to the postal strike. Another way to put some age on one's tobacco.

RobJ":h0pr4293 said:
That is indeed shameful Ron so I second the flogging and toss in a bag of Mellow for good measure.

Jean makes some beauties. I signed up to be notified when he has new pipes available for purchase.
He had 4 ready and I bought the last one today :D

The Fedora gang strikes again! :fpalm:

Puffer Mark":z79rrkzd said:
Too late, i popped around there last night and bought it! :twisted:
:lol!:

Mark, I had a phone call form Jean du Toit moments ago and he confirmed that my pipe will be on it's way by 10 o clock this morning!

Btw, I will have some more snuff available at our next meeting

I was referring to the 50-year-old briar block. :D Glad to hear about the snuff. What I sampled was wonderful stuff!!

Don't dispose of a drop. When David told me he'd pitched out a tin of High Dry Toast, I nearly cried.

See you in December.

Mark

Puffer Mark":dfpqr2x7 said:
I was referring to the 50-year-old briar block.  :D Glad to hear about the snuff. What I sampled was wonderful stuff!!

Don't dispose of a drop. When David told me he'd pitched out a tin of High Dry Toast, I nearly cried.

See you in December.

Mark
Yes, after I've read your post again, I realised that you were talking about Charl's briar :oops:

The HDT which David pitched was very old and bland, only good enough for Charl's lawn!
I've still got some in the freezer which I will bring along to our next meeting. I've got some GOOD stuff to share!

Jean du Toit phoned me this morning to tell me that my new Pietenpauw is on it's way, will be here on Monday. What a nice guy! We shared some pipe stories and I got him interested in Pete's Irish Oak.

I promised my wife that I will wait until Christmas and so I will have to wait. A promise is a promise :( It's gonna be a looooooong wait for me. I'm dying to see the pipe, never mind smoke it.

I guess it will give me enough time to decide which tobacco I'm going to open it with. Any suggestions? (I know what Ron's going to say!)

Yeah Escudo from Ron and ketchup from what's his name.

Go with your favorite maybe?

Enjoy the pipe when you can finally unwrap it. Your wife can trust you right? :lol:

RobJ":qwdt6hak said:

Enjoy the pipe when you can finally unwrap it. Your wife can trust you right? :lol:
Oh yes, she can trust me.....she's going to hide the package until Christmas morning!

I think I'm going to smoke some tobacco in it as a start :twisted:

SpeedyPete":z5gku2x8 said:
RobJ":z5gku2x8 said:

Oh yes, she can trust me.....she's going to hide the package until Christmas morning!

Stuff that pipe bowl with some fine 5 Brothers and puff your brains out!

Cartaphilus":i488jz7h said:
SpeedyPete":i488jz7h said:
RobJ":i488jz7h said:

Stuff that pipe bowl with some fine 5 Brothers and puff your brains out!
Ron, you've disappointed me, can't believe you wrote this? :(