Jim Croce, RIP.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
44 years ago today, Jim Croce died in a plane crash. Those who remember his music knew we'd lost a special talent. By the luck of somebody having a cassette recorder near the stage, audio of Croce's last concert was recorded and here it is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UCj7FISIu2s" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I remember his music, I'm a big fan. Also, I still remember hearing on the radio almost verbatim " Jim Croce was killed today in a plane crash ", my heart sunk. Was a sad day  :(
It was a great loss to his family, too us ? music ? lovers and the music industry in general, " he was a one of a kind musician ".

Thanks for posting Jim

REST IN PEACE JIM CROCE

Big fan also. Learned many of his tunes back in the day when I was teaching private guitar lessons. My students loved them, and so did I. Pity he died so young and at the top of his game with so much more to offer.

Cheers,

RR

Turns out Jim Croce had one song he recorded with just himself and his guitar, but never got to record it for an album. This is the last song he wrote and his son A.J. and Vince Gill have recorded it. Here's a peek at what might have been next for Jim had he lived, though I'm sure it would have sounded different than this version does. Hope Jim's version shows up sometime.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6IOwFZK3ycc" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Jim, thanks for posting!!

Now, just shut your eyes and listen to the song again. I can actually hear and picture how this song might/would have sounded if Jim Croce had a chance to record this great find. Hopefully Jim Croce's lost recording will eventually appear!!

REST IN PEACE JIM CROCE

Just goes to show Jim is no longer with us on the blue marble but his music is timeless!
banjo