Jim's Motzek #8 Review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
This blend is available only in Germany. I don't see it available at his website, but here's a link in case I'm blind as a bat: http://deintabak.de/ You can get Strang there, which for my money, is just about the best tobacco made today.

The light Virginia has a tangy citrus flavor with a little grass, and slight earth notes. The burley is a little nutty with a slight molasses hit. The Syrian latakia is a noticeable, but minor player that adds a light smokey push, while the perique offers a mild presence of plum and spice. The topping is like honey and fruit. The tobacco is ribbon and coin cut, packs and burns with ease, producing a cool, sweet and lightly spicy smoke with a consistent flavor, and very little moisture.

Sounds like a great smoke, and after reading the review of Strang as well, they both sound pretty yummy!

Fatman":rvya0r7t said:
Sounds like a great smoke, and after reading the review of Strang as well, they both sound pretty yummy!
They are. I wish I had about 20 pounds of Strang in the house. It'd be at least a once a day smoke for me, even if it's got a good deal of strength to it. I'd put it in my top five all time smokes.

Motzek #8 is sweeter than I expected, but it's very creamy and smooth. Delicious!

Dang it all, that Strang seems like it would be right up my street. Gotta try it.

I'll be in Munich for Oktoberfest, but it seems that does me little good. Kiel, where the shop is located, is pretty much on the opposite end of the country and 500 miles away! :(

$30US dollars for 200 gr. not counting shipping? You guys must have a lot more
disposable income then I do.  :suspect: 

I wish I knew someone in Germany... wait I actually do. I'd love to try Strang as well as Motzek #8. Spendy blends but hey Christmas is just around the corner, almost.