June 2013 - BoB Bomber Summer Mission Extravawhat?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry guys. I let down the Squadron. I completely forgot until today to order my bomb. I did overnight that joker though so they will get it out today and it'll be there Monday. My apologies. I'll take a demotion to Sergeant....being enlisted is better than an officer anyhow. Made it a good bomb though. Again sorry.If it helps Ocelot....you weren't my target so there's that, someone else is now going to have to be in suspense.

Fatman":6c0k8dny said:
Damn Blackhorse, what did you do to piss off the postal gods?
I think it happens to at least one pilot per mission. It might just have been his turn :face: 

kaiser83":xpkuz4sh said:
My apologies. I'll take a demotion to Sergeant....being enlisted is better than an officer anyhow. Made it a good bomb though.
Seeing the screw up, I think a poll would confirm you as officer material. :cyclops: :oops: :pale:

So....

Here comes the coup de'grace:

I'm blown away guys! Here's what we have:

McClelland Christmas Cheer (from 2010, no less!)
McCranies Red Ribbon
Full Virginia Flake
Brown Pigtail (been curious about this for a while)
Mac Baren Old Dark Fired
A Plug Knife with sheath (properly personalized!)
Cutting board with a lighter hidey hole
Bamboo Tamper

Thank you guys sooooo much! I won't have to buy tobacco for a year!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is awesome! I have had a crazy May and June but volunteered to take June. Next thing you know I would have to be out of town during the final week of June... and then I come back to attend a funeral today...

Anyways, it is soooo good to see Ocelot get bombed like this! Well done bombers!

So life was returning to normal in the Jones household. The dust had settled, and I had just finished clearing the debris. All was going rather well....

Then without warning....

BOOM

And I had just finished sweeping up all those damn packing peanuts! :lol: 

Was traveling and offline for the last month, so I totally missed all of this until just now--many, many congrats, Ocelot, and well done, brothers! Here's looking forward to July's run...

What is this thing all about? What is a bomb? What are "mission orders"? (Yes, I know it's not literally a bomb!)

NorthernLights":6yub9sql said:
What is this thing all about? What is a bomb? What are "mission orders"? (Yes, I know it's not literally a bomb!)
So, once a month the bombers (participants) select a target to send a bomb (pipe related gift package) to with the objective of all the bombs being delivered on the same date. Mass chaos ensues as the post office or mailman becomes irritated, spouses accuse their significant others of going on wild spending sprees, and the target is left decimated, usually with enough tobacco to last a year.

Bottom line: lots of fun, great way to give back to the brotherhood, and always the off chance you could get bombed yourself.

More details available on request.:bom: 

THE CARNAGE!!!!!

This one came out of the blue, a delayed bomb, a surreptitious and unsanctioned attack!!

This world is not a safe place!

Included in the carnage are generous samples of Beck's OLB, GLP Blackpoint, and Sam's Flake.

In addition, there is a box of old estate pipes that need some love and a wonderful handwritten note. All this plus a bag of chips, literally! :cheers:

Thanks again guys! BoB is the gift that keeps on giving! :mrgreen:

:shock: I can see where that would be a heck of a shock, esp the pipes!