June Bug I and II, Cristiano I, II, and III

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshoowah

Reaction score
DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

Wow, all lovely! Is that bent billiard a Chistiano? I'm not familiar with that brand, but that sure is a handsome pipe in a favorite shape.

riff raff":dr2bufev said:
Wow, all lovely! Is that bent billiard a Chistiano? I'm not familiar with that brand, but that sure is a handsome pipe in a favorite shape.
It is indeed a Cristiano. It is part of the two pipe set I bought. Their is also a tamper that can be seen in the wooden box. Cristiano is a mid to high grade pipe maker that died a few years back. That is probably why you may not have heard of him. He lived in Florida but was Italian. The rusticated Canadian is a Cristiano as well. I bought that one at my local B&M.

I'll post pictures of the new June Bug when it arrives.

joshoowah":un2b2016 said:
riff raff":un2b2016 said:
It is indeed a Cristiano. It is part of the two pipe set I bought. Their is also a tamper that can be seen in the wooden box. Cristiano is a mid to high grade pipe maker that died a few years back. That is probably why you may not have heard of him. He lived in Florida but was Italian. The rusticated Canadian is a Cristiano as well. I bought that one at my local B&M.

That's quite a set! Those Radice June Bugs are also nicely styled and proportioned, which vendor did you use for that pipe?

riff raff":3tftr9x4 said:
joshoowah":3tftr9x4 said:
riff raff":3tftr9x4 said:

That's quite a set! Those Radice June Bugs are also nicely styled and proportioned, which vendor did you use for that pipe?

The silk cut is from ibriar.com. One of my friends owns that website, he might still have some specials on that site. You'll have to contact him to see. He is a heck of a guy to deal with. The new one that will be coming is from jamesislandpiper.com. He has quite a few June Bugs for sale.

joshoowah":rgks0cfr said:
riff raff":rgks0cfr said:
joshoowah":rgks0cfr said:
riff raff":rgks0cfr said:

The silk cut is from ibriar.com. One of my friends owns that website, he might still have some specials on that site. You'll have to contact him to see. He is a heck of a guy to deal with. The new one that will be coming is from jamesislandpiper.com. He has quite a few June Bugs for sale.
ibriar, that is where I saw them. I'm on his mailing list. He seems to have a good selection and decent prices.

voodootsk":92zekvx0 said:
Love that radice pipe

I smoked it for the first time last night!

It was a good enough smoker. I got a little carried away on it (it was 25 degrees outside) so it gurgled a little bit. It'll be better when it's warmer.

Now those are some nice looking pipes...great work with the camera also. :cheers:

Allow me to take you on the journey of unraveling the boxed workmanship of Radice.

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00729.jpg
DSC00718.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

joshoowah":dm5cz1ky said:
Allow me to take you on the journey of unraveling the boxed workmanship of Radice.
So glad you're liking the June Bug! As clarification, not only Radice should be complimented, here. Luca di Piazza did the package and presentation design, and I think he did a fantastic job on it. I was thrilled with the way this whole project worked out. (All I did was the artwork and the pipe's design. The hard stuff was done by Luca and Luigi!)

glpease":daot3dya said:
joshoowah":daot3dya said:
So glad you're liking the June Bug! As clarification, not only Radice should be complimented, here. Luca di Piazza did the package and presentation design, and I think he did a fantastic job on it. I was thrilled with the way this whole project worked out. (All I did was the artwork and the pipe's design. The hard stuff was done by Luca and Luigi!)
Thank you, Greg! I am loving the design, the workmanship, and the presentation of the pipe. I own two now. I see myself owning more eventually. Looking forward to the new 8 oz tins of Lagonda, btw.