Just got in some tobacco from an individual,possible problem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":g468klyo said:
MisterE":g468klyo said:
Wait a sec...did someone mention the..... magic words!? The ones that rhyme with tragic dustbrooms  :shock:
You trippin', E.   :lol:

8)
Take a little trip
Take a little trip
Take a little trip with meeee

Take a little trip
Take a little trip
Take a little trip and seeeee

:alien:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-xTGrfs5TXM" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I got hit with the stomach bug my wife and kid had... and boy was it a doozy. Put me out of commission for a few days. And no, I don't think the stomach  bug affected my taste in the least bit :p

Tobacco still stinks, so I'm going to contact the seller again today. He's a moderator on another forum, and a very active seller on another pipe forum. I doubt he will leave me hanging out to dry.

Thanks for all your input in this thread, it really is appreciated. And I think Kyle's response is probably most accurate. The tobacco has been fully taken over by the card stock paper in smell and taste. And that's a REALLY good explanation.

I will post the (hopeful) resolution to this when it happens :D

beardedbassguy":qbmdbjr0 said:
Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I got hit with the stomach bug my wife and kid had... and boy was it a doozy. Put me out of commission for a few days. And no, I don't think the stomach  bug affected my taste in the least bit :p

Tobacco still stinks, so I'm going to contact the seller again today. He's a moderator on the pipe tobacco sub-reddit at reddit.com, and a very active seller on another pipe forum. I doubt he will leave me hanging out to dry.

Thanks for all your input in this thread, it really is appreciated. And I think Kyle's response is probably most accurate. The tobacco has been fully taken over by the card stock paper in smell and taste. And that's a REALLY good explanation.

I will post the (hopeful) resolution to this when it happens :D
It wasn't Woodsmans Briar was it?

As a rule, never store anything inside a bag or jar along with your tobacco! :evil:
I have received samples with paper, mason jar lids, labels from tins, etc.

You have no idea what is on them as far as germs, contaminants, inks, hair, etc. :no:

If the tobacco is to be sent, it needs to be in the baggie or jar all by itself!!!!
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Well I guess I was wrong about him... This is his reply to me telling him that it was still bad...

"Hey man,

I don't know what to tell you. I've actually talked to a few friends about this (including one that works for a tobacco distributor) and they don't have any answers for me. I described how I had them stored and they told me it was unlikely the flavors would have been significantly affected by the way I stored them. Maybe it was the travel or something like that. I don't know. All I can say is I apologize for the issues, and if you want anything from me in the future I'd be happy to take a few bucks off for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience."

:x :roll:

Ok whatever man.

Bummer.. :evil:

If you're still looking for some aro's to try, my offer from earlier in the thread still stands.

DrumsAndBeer":e7a9hdr9 said:
Bummer.. :evil:

If you're still looking for some aro's to try, my offer from earlier in the thread still stands.
I must have missed that post, but I just saw it. I'm humbled by your generosity. PM will be inbound.

That was a most polite and lame response from a seller to a buyer.   :fpalm:

I think he just shoveled a quick reply of plausible deniability with foggy references added for credibility.  

In contrast, a friend of mine opened a batch of GLP product that had been aging a while.   Said friend commented it smelled like excrement and was afraid to smoke it, and sent a bit to Mr. Pease, The Dark Lord himself.  Pease didn't get quite the same olfactory punch to the senses, as he was brave enough to give it a go, he pondered a bit on it, but in the end, he could only conclude what everyone agreed upon:  the stuff was off.  Solution?   He sent the guy a full replacement.  

Sometimes it's a mystery, biological, metaphysical, universal--but good solutions are always good solutions.   :heart:  Pros will always be pros for a reason.  

8)

Just a polite reminder.

It's always best to not mention other boards or members at other boards in a possible negative light. It helps to keep the peace. Not to mention making the mods job here easier. Thanks! :sunny:

I will say, that if you like aromatics, if you ever find yourself at the Chicago show, some of the sponsors of the buffet dinner on Friday night put out tins on the tables. Not knocking them, but aromatics are not the first choice that many pipe smokers look for. At the end of the dinner some fellows carry out quite a number of those tins. Then later, possibly the next day even, a fellow could get armfuls of those tins for free in the smoking tent.

That particular brand also had a nice English style blend that was very good. So it's not junk. But I personally would never sell that stuff. But if I had some, I would pass it on to someone who might enjoy it no charge. But not in a box pass or Secret Santa. But, that is just me.

Hell, this was bad reading for me :oops:

I thought I was doing this man a favour by selling the tobacco to him at less than what I've paid for it.

Now MY name stinks :evil:

Edit: I did not sell any tobacco to anyone, was just stirring the pot as usual :twisted: