Just got the first ever complaint from the wife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":rbdmw055 said:
I don't have to smoke a pipe to give mine something to complain about, mean as a snake she is, thank God we're in love.:fpalm: 
:lol!: :lol!: 

Sir, you made my day with your words of honesty and humor.

my wife does not like the smell of tobacco however, she does not dislike Latakia mixtures as much as she dislikes others :shock: 

yeah, she is kinda weird

rev

My better half actually likes FVF. We were on the deck grilling last summer and she asked if she could try it. I can usually get away with Virginias around her but others... not so much.

Cigars, Latakia, Burley and Dark Fired are sure repellant though. Sometimes smoked specifically when I want to be alone with my thoughts.

It's funny how I will get glassy-eyed with pleasure smelling a new tin of tobacco. When I try to "share the experience" with her I get a "ew... it smells like camp fire". I reply... "precisely!"

I am waiting to break out some Two Friends "English Chocolate" this winter and see how that goes over. I'm just not much of an aromatic smoker. SG's "Christmas Blend" looks interesting though.

I was married to my last wife when I bagan to switch over to McC's Va's and found she accepted and even like many of them, the FM 2000 and Blackwoods Flake in particular. Might want to give some of these a try. :p

docwatson":54knyigw said:
Cartaphilus":54knyigw said:
I don't have to smoke a pipe to give mine something to complain about, mean as a snake she is, thank God we're in love.:fpalm: 
:lol!: :lol!: 

Sir, you made my day with your words of honesty and humor.
Doc, If I can make just one person laugh a day I've done my job.

Bluefisher":xqr49j6o said:
Walking into the house after my morning smoke, I was greeted by a disgruntled spouse. "I usually like the smell of you pipes, but even with all the windows closed whatever that was stunk up the house" she lamented. "Did it even taste good?" Yes, yes it did. The culprit? Hearth & Home Black House.
That's funny!!!
My Wife blasted me for smoking H&H Black House a couple of weeks ago!!!:p 
I had been sitting on the porch with my Brother in Law and I was smoking Black House in my Jan Pietenpauw & Son "Frederick Selous" Pipe. She said it was the worst tobacco that she has ever smelled! Mind you, I don't smoke around her very often, but when I do, (Insert Dos Equis Joke here) she generally likes what I smoke (VA / VaPer / English / Balkan) and I have never heard her complain about anything like this before........

(See Pipe here: http://www.pietenpauw.co.za/index.php/gallery/image?view=image&format=raw&type=orig&id=213 )

NICE pipes!

I try to smoke things in a way so as to not upset my wife and I usually don't smoke latakia anyways so she's lucky there. I normally only get mild complaints if I'm smoking something a bit to strong sitting next to her in the car. I think I'm pretty lucky.:cheers: 

For my wife it's just about how bad my breath smells afterwards. Manure Mouth. Ring any bells?

Kelhammer":vcu12w6b said:
For my wife it's just about how bad my breath smells afterwards.  Manure Mouth. Ring any bells?
A stick of Juicyfruit gum right after you smoke will take care of that breath :twisted: :twisted: 

Bluefisher":5ai9g0e3 said:
Walking into the house after my morning smoke, I was greeted by a disgruntled spouse. "I usually like the smell of you pipes, but even with all the windows closed whatever that was stunk up the house" she lamented. "Did it even taste good?" Yes, yes it did. The culprit? Hearth & Home Black House.
Wives are usually happiest when complaining ;-)

My wife is not a fan of Nightcap. She loves it when I do an aromatic. She actually encourages me to smoke the Peterson Holiday blend some BoB member gave for the secret Santa last year. I don't smoke aromatics but the Peterson was pretty good but a tad light on the body for me.

Recently I have had a few concoctions that had black cavendish in the blend which I enjoyed and apparently she enjoys the room note as well.