Just me complaining.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score
Its hot as H.E. double hockey sticks here on Long Island and SUPER muggy. All my open baccy is too moist. I'm more annoyed by that than the oppressive heat and worse than usual plague of "stink bugs", AKA: earwigs we're having.

I hear you!
I'm starting to sense the usual diminished returns on smoke quality as the Summer days progress... :no:

I live in an area that occasionally suffers from High Humidity as well.

I've found that MM Cobs are great for this - whether the tobacco is too moist, or the air is too humid. While not a cure-all, they do seem to handle the excess moisture better than your average briar.

Give it a try, Mater.

Smokeamater: The heat and humidity on Long Island is not nearly as bad as the budget crisis. Between the high taxes, the high cost of fuel oil and gas, bills from the Long Island Power Authority and the Water Authority, and the traffic congestion not to forget all the red light cameras we have to deal with the only good news is the relaxation from the pipe we smoke. Enjoy your smokes because that's about as good as it gets my friend.

Now see thats what I like about LI.. he always brings up stuff to put ya in a good mood! :evil:

LOL

puros_bran":jamok66c said:
Yankees. :roll:
Can't stand em.

Cleveland Indians.

I lived in NE Ohio from 89 to 96.

Pathetic I know, but once I form an allegiance that's it.

LIPIPE":rdsvcjar said:
Smokeamater: The heat and humidity on Long Island is not nearly as bad as the budget crisis. Between the high taxes, the high cost of fuel oil and gas, bills from the Long Island Power Authority and the Water Authority, and the traffic congestion not to forget all the red light cameras we have to deal with the only good news is the relaxation from the pipe we smoke. Enjoy your smokes because that's about as good as it gets my friend.
I feel a lot better now :( Thanks :lol:

I've been nabbed twice by those damned cameras :x . As for all our other problems, I just keep my head down and keep trying to move ahead.

Happy smokes...

Rob_In_MO":164xgz98 said:

I've found that MM Cobs are great for this - whether the tobacco is too moist, or the air is too humid. While not a cure-all, they do seem to handle the excess moisture better than your average briar.

Give it a try, Mater.
I have actually been considering making this an almost exclusively "corn cob pipe summer". I also intend to load up the 16" clay more often in the evenings.

Rob_In_MO":3pnsmyxi said:

Yep. Once the heat hits 80+ and there's noticeable humidity, it's time for the cobs. For me, it's the pipes that need to dry out, not the tobacco so much...I have a smallish rotation 9 briars and an increasing rate of tobacco consumption don't really allow for extended drying times that are necessary during high humidity.

So when its hot and humid, it's time for some cobby goodness. Or cigars - always a good pool-side option.

Humidity? :sunny: Bless my dry heat and cool nights- O, my lonely desert. 8)

To rub it in to my east coasta brethren :twisted:

Sacramento, mid 80's, cooling, expected to be in the upper 70's for several days :tongue: . It's usually hotter 'n a bitch here all summer (100 plus for about 3 1/2 months straight) so I'm relishing the opportunity to gloat.

Pipeweed fires up on the first match, too :tongue:

I'm glad you're not gloating too much, PeeDee, I don't even like crossing The Valley between July 4th - Labor Day just to get to the coast. :lol:

I feel for you guys in the oppressive heat and humidity zones. I really do. I'm an ex-cheesehead of about 30 yrs and don't miss that stuff at all!

Here in Pac NW we just cracked 70F for one of the first times this year. Warm and sunny today. No humidity to speak of. But back to 60s and rain tomorrow.....

And I still have my longjohns on!

:|

Cheers,

RR

Don't be sorry, Rande, the Pac-Northwest is a great place to escape the hot-n-dry. Coast, rain, and the greenery makes a desert rat pretty darned happy. Even if the locals do think we're mad when we lay in rainstorm on a soggy, composting forest floor among the banana slugs, with a big grin on our faces. Not that I've done that, of course. 8)

Sending some relief your way, 'Mater. down to 60 here tonight after the storms passed.