Keto Foods and Pipe Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanubutter

Reaction score
I started a keto food program and the focus is on low carbs, moderate protein and high fat. I am attempting to cut sugar as well and was wondering about the casing and topping used. Has anyone tried the keto program and did smoking kick you out of ketosis? Probably won't but...

The start of this was last week and shed a few pounds, probably just water but I will take what I can.

I was on a 100% meat diet fat and meat for 1 year 365 days and I lost so much weight that everybody thought that I had cancer I was so skinny I had lost so much weight if you want to lose weight eat fat and meat and cut sugar.

The management has edited the above auto corrected post so that it actually makes sense.

peanubutter":nxnl2gwe said:
That is the way to go. Were you still piping then?

Don’t you have to actually ingest something for it to have a dietary affect? The answer is “Yes, you do.” Granted there are some things that have a systemic effect, being absorbed orally and not swallowed, like nicotine. But I doubt sugar is one of them.

You won’t get fat from smoking aros. LOL. I imagine that they are safe for diabetics as well.

If anyone has hard data to the contrary, post it here. We’d like to know.

Interesting information in those links. With keto there is a ketosis state where carbs\sugar are replaced by fat burning. So keeping the carbs\sugar in the 20-30% range daily helps to trigger the fat burning. Some information out there is claiming toothpaste, gum and other items can stop the ketosis when all items are tallied. Like 40% I am guessing. Hence the thought of the casing used and then a possible topping. Not worried, just curious.

While I think the diet is unsustainable, I do think you can learn some important things about diet and nutrition from it. I've watched someone try it twice now. It's not a longterm solution to anything for 99.99% of the people who try it. I never investigated further, but I once heard Dr.Oz in an interview say that, "One potato chip, and you're out of ketosis." The context was that he was basically saying it takes an incredibly high level of dedication, and it is also incredibly sensitive to keep your body in that state. If you're going to half-ass it, you aren't actually on the keto diet.

And we'll see how healthy it is as time moves forward. I don't say that with any subtext. It's a new way of playing with the body and gut, so we'll see how the evidence collects. One thing that gets in the way of that, obviously, is if people do it for long periods of time. If most cannot, then the evidence is going to be very spotty.

Getting away from carbs and sugar is likely a good thing. I think you can navigate that just fine without this diet. It's all in the Glycemic Index. You know...the ol' diet of "eat less" and pinpoint it towards carbs and sugars. Diets are fine and all, but if they don't include exercise, then you're really just farting around with health. It's not a serious endeavor that approaches lifestyle change.

Well tobacco is actually a weight loss Aid but yes I was I was smoking a pipe and the only difference is I did all my own butchering and killed all my own animals and process them I have been around commercial and I've been around on commercial commercially they actually put sugar in the meat that sounds gross but sugar is a mind-altering substance it makes you want more sugar is the hardest thing to give up commercially people want you to eat their food so they put sugar and salt in everything that they possibly can matter of fact on some of the farmers I worked in they wanted us to take produce and soak it in salt or sugar water for 24 to 48 hours to absorb it so that people after eating it would want more of it so Sugar's hard to give up it took me about two years switch from sugar to honey but once I did I lost a bunch a bunch of waight as far as smoking goes the sugars in tobacco smoke are different they are broken down in the body completely different therefore they won't have any effect on weight loss Fats are not bad for you there are good fats and bad fats for example if you eat the fats around the heart of an animal that is the best fat of an animal that you can eat but Lard of a hog is loaded in vitamin D and is actually quite good for the body meat and protein is broken down in such a way in the body that it is delivered to the muscles of the body for use later so instead of your body taking in and storing proteins in places like the stomach for the hips or the thighs you know when creating a big body your body will break it down in a better way for use not to be gross but you will also use the bathroom a whole lot less at least I did so for me personally the key was eat Foods I grow or foods that I trust I had to find people that grew it or I had to grow it and I had to know that it was truly the vegetable or the food that it was supposed to be it was not an easy thing 90% of it I raised or grew and as mentioned above you cannot play around with it it gets very old sometimes eating the same thing but if you stick to it you will lose weight fats and proteins

That is a great way to go - raising your own beef and a garden. The piping and cigars shall continue with renewed interest along with watching the carbo intake.

Sorry if it was hard to understand some time I struggle with how to say things easy

2 years ago I shed over 25 pounds and I have had surprising success in keeping it off. I maintain roughly a 1,600 calorie a day diet give or take a few beers here and there.

The only thing I noticed is that nicotine slaps me around a little more with the excess fat gone. Last New Years Eve I smoked a La Flor Dominicana stick that sent me to the moon and then to bed for the night. I was reeling! So I tread lightly with the the stronger stuff. Also three beers and I am drunk now, so I am officially on the cheap with alcohol.

Are you a tooth pick I mean I'm skinny as heck but 3 beers last time I got drunk I think was with Ozzy and it was half a bottle of Jack for me and he I don't think he got buzzed but half a bottle of Jack and I was done

Not a toothpick for sure. After cooking for years I packed on some weight. I think 318 lbs two years ago and down to 285 now. In an attempt to keep things realistic I am shooting for 240-230. Then try to get under 200. I lifted weights for years and got pretty built up. While in the military I had to get a waiver because I was over the recommended weight. Too much beer, pasta and taters has done me wrong.

In addition to the food program I exercise and walk 3-5 miles a day and have a set of elastic workout bands instead of weights. I take those on camping trips as well. The walking has been a challenge with the 3 snow storms here since March. I have a treadmill but prefer to take the dogs and walk on the city greenway. The greenway is a designated concrete path dedicated to pedestrian and bicycle users only. The greenway almost goes around the whole city actually.

I have been following a fairly strict keto diet since 2016. I keep carbs under 20 (net) per day. I lost the intended weight and decided I liked the diet. I have stuck with it in maintenance and just increased the calories. I have never checked ketones, so I am not sure of the impact smoking has had on it.

Simply cut out all refined sugar, period. That's where all obesity comes from.

hobie1dog":f9bew0y0 said:
Simply cut out all refined sugar, period. That's where all obesity comes from.
I feel this should be the key takeaway from any of these type diets, and there are quite a few of them. There's decent evidence against sugars and high glycemic carbs, but there isn't a ton of good, longterm evidence supporting these high fat and high cholesterol diets, particularly when implemented over long periods of time.

To Fr_Tom, I just started so the carbs are in the 25 to 30 range for now. I like the program and have no problem sticking with it.

peanubutter":nqsvjwdx said:
To Fr_Tom, I just started so the carbs are in the 25 to 30 range for now. I like the program and have no problem sticking with it.
It has worked very well for me. It can be a challenge to eat while travelling or attending a conference. Over time, I have found that I am happier with lower fat and higher protein macros than most people seem to recommend. There is a certain amount you just have to figure out for yourself. It is not so formulaic as the Youtube videos might suggest.