Kingfisher

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falconer is trying to trade me a pipe for 30 tins of Kingfisher. Once our lawyers sign off, he'll be back.

Sasquatch":yymiwv9j said:
Falconer is trying to trade me a pipe for 30 tins of Kingfisher. Once our lawyers sign off, he'll be back.
Really SAS??????

:scratch:
:lol!:

Piet Binsbergen":rk5ieh3i said:
Sasquatch":rk5ieh3i said:
Really SAS??????

Piet:
I think the giant furry one is pulling your leg (more like he just ripped it off and beat you over your head with it!!!! :p )

DoverPipes":dpjde2fc said:
Piet Binsbergen":dpjde2fc said:
Sasquatch":dpjde2fc said:
Really SAS??????

Piet:
I think the giant furry one is pulling your leg (more like he just ripped it off and beat you over your head with it!!!! :p )
Or slapped me with the wet side!!!! :lol!: :lol!:

I'm here boys. Running late today. Honey do's to get out ot the way. Yes Sas and I are trying to work out a deal. 30 tins of kingfisher works for me if he accepts empty cans! I'll even throw in a full tin of Plumcake ( I didn't have the nerve to send it to Pete with the other stuff.) :|

Falconer":yv1ixfhe said:
I'm here boys. Running late today. Honey do's to get out ot the way. Yes Sas and I are trying to work out a deal. 30 tins of kingfisher works for me if he accepts empty cans! I'll even throw in a full tin of Plumcake ( I didn't have the nerve to send it to Pete with the other stuff.) :|
Plumcake would ruin any friendship!!!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I just found this old post. I think there is a B&M about an hour and a half away that had a few tins of this when I was least there. I don't think they move a lot of stock so they may be there. Is anyone dieing for this stuff? If so, I'll pick it up if I head that way.

gandalfpc":9lyv5frv said:
Just picked up a tin of Kingfisher at my local B&M - nice stuff - a very gentle VaPer

Some may like it more than 633, but that would be personal preference - for it is much too tame to be in the same group as Escudo, 633 or Stratford - missing all the pepper

My impression, after one bowl mind, is that there's a good bit of pepper in Kingfisher, though not as much as 633.

On the other hand, I don't find Escudo to be as rough as either 633 or Kingfisher. It seems much more balanced between the pepper of the Perique and the sweetness of the Virgina. I think that might be why I prefer it, where I've yet to really be taken with 633, which just seems almost astringent.

With the first half of the bowl of Kingfisher, I could detect the burley, but that seems to nearly disappear in the second half, where the pepper became very assertive.

Curious how much these blends can vary in subjective impression. Part of what makes the pipe so much fun, I think.

Hey brothers,

I'm unloading my five tins of Kingfisher in the Trading Post, if anyone needs some. Cheers!