Kiribi lighters?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
I am in the market for a decent soft flame pipe lighter.

Does anyone own a Kiribi? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on them. How well they are designed and built, etc...

Can't speak to the quality of Kiribi, but I love my Colibri Pacific. I would recommend it to anyone.

DrumsAndBeer":8h6fljm1 said:
Brewdude":8h6fljm1 said:
IMCO for a soft flame. Inexpensive too.

Cheers,

RR
BD,

Is there a particular IMCO lighter model you'd recommend?

It's the one with a pipe on the side. Don't know the name or model. I always thought there was just one IMCO but could be wrong.

Just now tried to find one at the usual e-tailers but none seem to be in stock right now. Seems to me I saw them not so long ago on smokingpipes site, and think they were priced well under $20.

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":d4o44wyj said:
I am in the market for a decent soft flame pipe lighter.

Does anyone own a Kiribi? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on them. How well they are designed and built, etc...
Hi DandB,
I got a Kiribi for Christmas and am very pleased with it.
It lights every time, and has a ginormous gas tank. I filled it on Christmas and it is still lighting.
It has a nice heft to it and is really classy looking.

OW

OldWrinkly":3o7wgxu1 said:
Hi DandB,
I got a Kiribi for Christmas and am very pleased with it.
It lights every time, and has a ginormous gas tank. I filled it on Christmas and it is still lighting.
It has a nice heft to it and is really classy looking.

OW
Great to know! Thanks OW..

Imco were cheap and reliable - a rare combination - but they stopped producing lighters some time ago.

I think I read that some of their designs has been purchased by a Chinese company and that they were producing a redesigned Imco but how reliable that would be I don't know.

Just found the link - GQ Tobacco - that gives you the full background.

i hope that helps

DrumsAndBeer":ybxcwm4h said:
OW, by the way, may I ask which model Kiribi you have?

Thanks..
I got the Mikazuki with the large size tank from smokingpipes.com for 80 bucks. Well worth it!

OW

I received a kabuto shirt for the holidays. Loving it. Build quality seems top shelf, great weight, all around very nice. I highly recommend.

I bought one this past summer and could not be happier about it. The construction is great, the tank is huge, and the flame is relatively wind resistant.

Thanks for the info.

I do like the price point, it's a happy medium.

I have used Bics, Zippo's and strike anywhere matches but I have always wanted a well built pipe specific butane lighter. I am pretty much sold the Kiribi Mikazuki.

You might want to check on the warranty, and where you can send it for repairs as at some point it will need fixing. MIKE

SPUD 15":e3tic7bb said:
You might want to check on the warranty, and where you can send it for repairs as at some point it will need fixing.    MIKE
Good Point.

A Kiribi Kabuto arrived this morning.

I am thoroughly pleased with the design, fit and finish.

As with a host of cigar lighters I've had, I'd say the #1 thing to do for long life is clean fuel.

DireWolf":odjp33sp said:
A Kiribi Kabuto arrived this morning.

I am thoroughly pleased with the design, fit and finish.

As with a host of cigar lighters I've had, I'd say the #1 thing to do for long life is clean fuel.  
Hey Direwolf,

I have had my Kiribi for a couple months now and am very pleased with it.

Old Wrinkly