Knox News

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might sound funny coming from me but I'm not all together worried about it either. I love the community that KCBB created and will continue to go there either way. I think having the BB does create a benefit to them. I never shopped there before coming to the board and they have something like 10,000 registered users. It's got to deliver some resulting customers.

As far as here is concerned I plan on moving it forward as long as there are people posting. :lol:

One of the only things that ever bothered me at KCBB was the lack of administrative attention on the board since I arrived. The bot/spam issue over there really shouldn't be an issue at all. There are some software issues that I am aware of that I won't post the specifics about, let's just say it needs more attention. Apparently they are hosting it on one of their machines in the office? Otherwise their internet connection wouldn't be an issue with the board's availability.

Then I look at things like how much it took for Carlos to discuss having a board pipe. He did the right thing and I'm quite grateful for that but if there was still board activity from those that can make the decision it would have been much easier.

Although I never really figured out to make this place 100 percent community driven I still like the idea. If I ever grow weary of maintaining it I can always hand it off to someone that wants to step up to the plate. We already have members that have.

My loyalty really lies with the people I converse with everyday. They make the board, not the hosts/admin. That's also one of the reasons I didn't invest money into this. :lol:

Brother Vito I hear you.

I met all you fine folks at the knox board but I will stay here for as long as Jason will have us. My reasons for staying are again all you fine people, and the fact that we treat each other with respect and dignity. I can't imagine a troll lasting more than one post.

Also there is a feeling here that at least to me "Someone is home". At knox their was very little communication from the admins, it was like we were a non concern, didn't much matter if we were there or not.

Jason set this board up and gave us all a place to meet again and I for one am very grateful....

I understand and agree with everything that has been said here. BUT, I still don't understand why Knox has NOT posted something of a mission statement on their main web site to tie together their expansion image. That only makes good business sense since rumors are floating about. It is the big reason why I'm not buying the "move" thing.

Maybe it's the banker in me.

I wish them well.

tj

I like that signature Midnight! :lol:

Really I wouldn't have any hard feelings if people wanted to only post at KCBB. I've been having fun doing this and I foresee it moving forward in one direction or another.

Thank you, Brother Midnight; you've expressed my sentiments exactly. I understand the sense of loyalty some would naturally have for a prior place of residence, one that felt like home for an extended period of time. But it would be impossible for me to default on the debt of gratitude that I owe to Jason for what he's done here, which is to give us all a share of stock in our own home. I could certainly understand if others migrate back to KCBB when the doors open again... but I ain't goin' nowhere... 'least not 'til a bunch of burly guys with an eviction notice and a wreckin' ball show up.

BTW, as Jason noted, that's damned impressive signature.

JT :gatewheel:

How many of you guys were on the old JRBB before Pipemaker and I ruined it and they shut it down? :lol!:

Man! we were hav'n fun back in those days! :twisted:

jhuggett":c4k35gw9 said:
...My loyalty really lies with the people I converse with everyday. They make the board, not the hosts/admin...
That's the bottom line for me. :!:

Any way you cut it, the Knox board is barely alive now. There have been something like 20 posts in the last two days; three of them are spam, and many of the rest are by one person whose reasons for posting are seldom clear to me.

For all intents and purposes, this is home now. 8)

Vito :joker:

071222-Fixed typo

"and many of the rest are by one person whose reasons for posting are seldom clear to me."

LOL, Vito! I don't know if it's a gift, or if you work at it, but you have a way of phrasing things that makes everything you write a pleasure to read. I thought about the multitude of ways that I would have described "the intrepid troll" and I marvel at how you captured the essence of that poor lost soul with such humorous eloquence. Wonder how long ol' Sisyphus-spooler will continue to push that rock up the hill before he realizes there's no one there to annoy... guy's a real trooper.

You guys are too much! :lol: Courtesy and respect to all.....especially the ones that actually need it,as above referenced fellow at the old board....
I like it here.I hope the info moves forward with the BB here,KCBB was a rich source of information,as well as a source of meeting kindred minds....but I believe I am here for the duration.
Tony

Said "fooler" is up to six consecutive posts in a thread he started and no one else has posted to.

Was it Nixon who coined the expression "Let me say this about that?"

Too funny!

Almost worth pm'n him our new address just to watch :afro: zap him.

Be like Mean Joe Green face maskin a punk wide receiver. :cheers:

tj

gatewheel":4vmd177f said:
...LOL, Vito! I don't know if it's a gift, or if you work at it, but you have a way of phrasing things that makes everything you write a pleasure to read.
Gate:

I assure you, amigo, the pleasure is entirely mutual. I honestly don't know how you think of the stuff you come up with, but your posts consistently evoke guffaws aplenty here in VitoSpace. Humor with obvious intelligence behind it is my kinda comedy. You, PD, and GLP are the principal proponents, hereabouts. When youse guys are serious, it's always worth reading. When you're not, I'm usually ROTFLMAO.
I thought about the multitude of ways that I would have described "the intrepid troll" and I marvel at how you captured the essence of that poor lost soul with such humorous eloquence. Wonder how long ol' Sisyphus-spooler will continue to push that rock up the hill before he realizes there's no one there to annoy...guy's a real trooper.
"...a real trooper" Yeah, I guess you gotta give him points for persistence, if nothing else.

I admit to being tempted to make some unkind cuts, but I figure there's no need to pillory the guy; he prolly has a hard enough time already just being him. He's got one thread going wherein all the posts are his. I'm not sure whether to be saddened or amused by it.

More than anything, I'm just plain baffled. :confused:

Vito :joker:

It seems to me that this board has some momentum -- much more activity of interest than any of the others at the moment. Whether it's jut that point in its life cycle or whether there's something else, I enjoy it. I realize that Knox provided (and provides) a forum, but that was a mixed blessing. This anecdote is related not out of any irritation or ill will, merely for illustration. I had tried to join the Knox board three times over the past year, and received the acknowledgment of application but not approval, despite several emails each time. When I mentioned this to Neill and Greg they contacted Steve and I did get approval, but not before this board started. Certainly it is understandable for a businessman to be too busy with business to deal with a fringe activity like an online BB, but this board suffers no such handicap, and can easily grow, whereas the Knox BB seems unlikely to do so.

Jack

justpipes, I was on the JRBB for about a month before it closed down, then with the first 2 incarnations of Stoker's Haven, then Knox, then here. Was banned from the Yahoo forum for making an analogy to the drinking of Irishmen, something no Irishman would have objected to. Pipemaker tried to ban me for not liking bowl chamber diameters less than 7/8" but I survived his big black afro.

jhuggett":c5icwzr7 said:
I like that signature Midnight! :lol:

Really I wouldn't have any hard feelings if people wanted to only post at KCBB. I've been having fun doing this and I foresee it moving forward in one direction or another.
Jason, ever since I found my way here by following the trail of bread crumbs Tj left I really thought of this place as a Brotherhood. Not just a group of men who liked pipes but a group of men who share a connection to whats good and right and decent. What better way to depict that sentiment than the Musketeers.

All for one One for all Like I said before I'm staying.....

As long as "BoB" stays afloat I will likely be doing the majority of my pipes posting here.I check in w/ Knox and My-Pipes at least once a day but most of the pipes/tobacco action seems to be focused right here now.The new board seems to have it all,loyal and passionate posters from the old board,new folks with plenty of entusiasim behind their questions and you certainly CAN'T forget all those cool new smiley face icons on the left :D

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

MB,

I thought there were only three musketeers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who's the poseur?

tj

There has to be something about this board and its group of merry men. How else can you explain Doc who is obviously a Red Sox fan and me a Yankees' fan since birth happily coexisting on this wonderful site! We even post our replies right next to one another....

thomas james":cj0ym7oo said:
MB,

I thought there were only three musketeers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who's the poseur?

tj
Tj, three musketeers is a candy bar.

As for the forth Musketeer, I think the man all the way to the right is Claudio Cavicchi...

Midnight Blues":rbe6ezos said:
There has to be something about this board and its group of merry men. How else can you explain Doc who is obviously a Red Sox fan and me a Yankees' fan since birth happily coexisting on this wonderful site! We even post our replies right next to one another....
"Where would the sox be without the yanks?" "Where would the yanks be without the sox?"

NO Rivalry = NO FUN!!!!

God I Miss Baseball !!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

I bounce around. I check multiple forums, usually each day. I am posting more here than anywhere.

The burden of dealing with registration of new members is on Steven. He gets on average 300+ requests each day. Mostly Spam crap. Potential new members requests could be getting lost in that mess. Especially if it's not done each day. I can easily see a thousand request waiting for him to deal with over just a few days.

Assistance has been offered. We'll see how it goes. The Internet communities are always changing and evolving.

I wish everyone the best. You guys know that.