Konstantin Shekita

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
I've been looking at this guy's work for a while (at least since he's been on Quality Briar) and have been intrigued for a while. I'm torn between loving it and hating it, but I'd be hard pressed to say that the work was anything but impressive.

What do you guys think?

Check it out: Konstantin Shekita

They're nice, I'm just picky about non-bent pipes. Hell, I'm picky about the bent ones, too. :lol:

qualitybriar7%20219.jpg

This one caught my fancy, though.

Much of his rustication work looks too "stiff" and non-flowing for my taste, but they are suitable on the shapes he does them on. Great craftsmanship, very classic look overall.

8)

I agree. Much of his body of work seems to be classically based with a Shekita twist on them. Here's an example of a billiard that just... well it blows my mind:

konsta10.jpg

As impressive as this is, I just don't know if I like it.

But then there's stuff like this dublin:

konsta11.jpg

I think that this pipe fits "stiff" but it's also oddly graceful. A pipe like this strains my aesthetic sensibilities by creating this strange sense of impossible co-existence of concept. The pipe actually makes me uncomfortable because I simultaneously think it's beautiful and ugly. Stiff and graceful? Ugly and beautiful? How?! "Like this," says Konstantin Shekita. Then my brain explodes.

I'm with you. I had to sit and stare at those pictures before I came to my decision on them. I couldn't climb up the walls wishing I owned them, but he has almost a "meershaum-like grace" to his intricate carving.

That Canadublipoker is intriguing, I'd just feel silly with such a delicate thing in my hand.

UberHuberMan":4dpaeggn said:
I agree. Much of his body of work seems to be classically based with a Shekita twist on them. Here's an example of a billiard that just... well it blows my mind:

konsta10.jpg

This looks like a pastry to me.

I love his work. I don't think a person can appreciate the vision, work, and quality until you hold some of his pipes in person. I've held a few of his pipes and they just make you want them. True artisan.

Gallery pieces. Quasi fine art. Not something I'd probably like to own or smoke on my walks and hikes. Lots of impressive perspectives over at the Quality Briar Boutique. Glad they're priced like they are. I don't do well with blurry lines.

I don't know what all the indecision is about; that Dublin/poker is amazing!
The carved pieces are mind boggling, and unique, and definitely art. But the other one? Neat!

That's got to be some of the MOST unique carving and design in pipes I've seen! And he doesn't do a bad job with his blasting either!!

Harlock999":mgm6ezgb said:
Just a personal preference, on my end. I'd feel like I was going to break the damn thing.

8)

Dave_In_Philly":9l0lvngy said:
UberHuberMan":9l0lvngy said:

konsta10.jpg

This looks like a pastry to me.
Maybe that makes it an automatic aromatic pipe, hm? ;)

As a bonus you will not find a better person (in the pipe world or out) to do business with than Nick.
Good People.

Harlock999":79jkx5s7 said:
The carved pieces are mind boggling, and unique, and definitely art. But the other one? Neat!
It is totally amazing. In no way do I question if this is a feat of artistry. It does tug at my aesthetic sensibilities though. And I like that. :)