Kyle

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Not sure if the new crowd here would know what to do with me anyway."

Umm..pelt with tobacco and don't make eye contact? ;)

Hey RR. Good to hear from you. I'm back in the Land of Good Beer now. (SW Michigan) Actually off to Bell's brewery tonight to see Lake Street Dive perform. You should check em out on YouTube if you don't know them

George Kaplan":qrhfdxb1 said:
Hey RR. Good to hear from you. I'm back in the Land of Good Beer now. (SW Michigan) Actually off to Bell's brewery tonight to see Lake Street Dive perform. You should check em out on YouTube if you don't know them
Bell's is a great brewery. Nice that you live close enough to visit. And I'll check out Lake Street Dive on the tube. You still living in that trailer?

Cheers,

RR

Lol nope. The old Airstream was left behind in the UP. I'm back in Kalamazoo now, pleased to find 3 new brewpubs within walking distance ofy house. Also Arcadia Ales built a new place downtown right across the river from Bell's. Then there's Dark Horse, Founders, and New Holland all short drives away. Yep. Land of Good Beer.

George Kaplan":3sz7zeqs said:
Lol nope. The old Airstream was left behind in the UP. I'm back in Kalamazoo now, pleased to find 3 new brewpubs within walking distance ofy house. Also Arcadia Ales built a new place downtown right across the river from Bell's. Then there's Dark Horse, Founders, and New Holland all short drives away. Yep. Land of Good Beer.

Sounds pretty good to me. Rock on George!

:cyclops:

Cheers,

RR

For a moment I thought I read it wrong, but, yup, you are in the land of good beer.

Good to see you back George !! I always enjoyed your responses to many postings. made one THINK !! :twisted: Hope to see more !! :twisted:

Good to hear from you George.

I agree with Rande (and you) Bell's is great. I had a Two-Hearted a while back. Seriously good beer.

Michael, D&B, good to hear from you too. Ozark, pleasure to meet you, sir. I considered Two-Hearted tonight, but locally it's considered bad form to drink it until autumn. As long as I'm using Kyle's thread to catch up with you guys, I might as well do some bragging. I just kissed Rachel Price's hand! Normally I'm not that kinda guy, but she offered it and it seemed the thing to do at the time. She said she liked my mustache. I think I blushed.

Lake Street Dive does the best performance of 'I want you back' that I have ever heard... Ms Price is golden.

George Kaplan":ftkv52kf said:
I just kissed Rachel Price's hand! Normally I'm not that kinda guy, but she offered it and it seemed the thing to do at the time. She said she liked my mustache. I think I blushed.
Lucky you!

Love her voice. Great depth, smoky.

After hearing her up close and personal I'm convinced she's one of the best vocalists in the business right now. Classy young lady, too. I thanked her for coming to Kalamazoo and she thanked me for the invitation and held out her hand. She was reaching over a fence, making it awkward for a handshake, so I kissed it instead. She seemed genuinely charmed.

George Kaplan":s5epycsk said:
Hey George, just checked out the vid Dutch posted on the Music forum. Good stuff. I can see why you enjoy Lake Street Dive, including and especially Rachel Prices' vocals. Must've been a fantastic performance.

8)

Cheers,

RR

It's almost funny. We've become so used to the auto-tune princess' that when we hear an actual vocalist we just gush over them like little school boys and girls.

Yep. I won't deny it. I'm a gushing little schoolboy right now and probably will be for as long as these four are making music. Takes a lot to break me out of my jaded grumpiness, though, and they've got what it takes.

Before auto tune that gushiness is what propelled record sells...

Same thing with the music behind the singer... In days gone by a guitarist understood his guitar. What woods and pick ups produced the sound he wanted. What pedals would do.. Etc.  now it's just program it into a board and let the computer fix it.

The problem is most people either don't know or don't care that this stuff is going on.  Now a tight arse sells more records than a tight band. Well more correctly sells more singles.

There's music, and there's the music business. Unfortunately, the two have very little to do with one another these days. Most of the dreck we hear these days is the music business version of music.

I was just thinking about auto tune today as I was driving around. Makes everything sound the same. Buu.

puros_bran":3cyq9ta2 said:
Before auto tune that gushiness is what propelled record sells...

Same thing with the music behind the singer... In days gone by a guitarist understood his guitar. What woods and pick ups produced the sound he wanted. What pedals would do.. Etc.  now it's just program it into a board and let the computer fix it.

The problem is most people either don't know or don't care that this stuff is going on.  Now a tight arse sells more records than a tight band. Well more correctly sells more singles.
PB, yep Joe Walsh summed it up in an interview he did awhile back.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8bZsglsLLs" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>