Lack of Pipes!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Am I crazy or is there just a real lack of available highgrade pipes lately? Smokingpipes.com's update came out last Thursday. By the evening nearly all of their "fresh pipes" that were estates were gone! Marty Pulvers update started on Sunday night. I instantly e-mailed him requesting a Peter Heding he had. I was the third e-mail he had received on the pipe and it was already gone! The inventory seems to be down sharply on The Pipe Rack, Smoker's Haven, Pulver's and Smoking pipe's sites! NONE of the American craftsmen like Pohlman, Purdy, Howell or Florov have pipes available right now! E-Bay has VERY few great pipes this year either!

Where's the pipes folks???????????????????????

I hear you Dock, I was thinking the same thing. I did find a nice Castello on Smoking pipes, may not be your current cup of tea but it looks like it would be a nice pipe, also there is a Cook blast over at the Briary...

004-006-2859.jpg

est%20jim%20cook%201.JPG

There may just be a serious, temporary lack of high grade buyers in this uncertain economy, thus the wealth of Petes, Savinellis and Stanwells on smokingpipes.com. May be too that the estate market is kind of quiet for the same reason - just hold on to them until there's a market that will pay a solid price.

Two sites that have no shortage of fine pipes at the moment:

http://www.alpascia.com

http://www.pfeifenstudio-frank.de/

also there is a Cook blast over at the Briary=quote said:
There WAS a nice cooke over at the Briary! I just called and was told that it's been sold for a while :x

At Smoker's Haven the web site hasn't been updated in a Blue Moon for some reason. For example, Premal's got three new Michael Parks pipes and a bunch of high ends that he picked up in New York, none of which are on the web site. On the other hand, I shouldn't complaint because that gives me an advantage in picking them up first. :D

Danish_Pipe_Guy":1f9ryw6a said:
also there is a Cook blast over at the Briary=quote said:
There WAS a nice cooke over at the Briary! I just called and was told that it's been sold for a while :x
Sorry Dock, that sure was a nice looking blast...What are you looking for in particular?

That Heding was my pipe......Marty is selling some pipes for me. I had a few unsmoked Roush's that I sent him, but he hasn't posted them yet.

I think I priced that Heding too low............;)

Danish_Pipe_Guy":1rcpn1w4 said:
Where's the pipes folks???????????????????????
AAARRGH!! :x Man! It's like you said Dock, not only is there a lack of estates but when they do show up they disappear before you can act! I got the update yesterday for Neatpipes and within 2 minutes of receiving it I tried to buy an estate sandblasted Maenz - I mean literally within 2 minutes, I was on my computer when the email for the update showed up in my inbox and went directly to the site and immediately tried to buy the pipe. It showed the pipe as being available but when I tried to pay for it the checkout prompt said it was not available. :| Shot Lucca an email because the pipe page still showed it as being available but it wouldn't let me buy the pipe - yep, gone already! :x Damn! Thought I'd finally snagged my first Maenz :no:

Back to the drawing board.

This has happened to me at Smoking Pipes and Boswells a few times! Dern pipe didn't stay on the board long enough for me to call or type a buy order :( FTRPLT

I have noticed a big drop in the number of Patent DHs, Sasienis, Comoys etc. available on all the sites. There used to be a large # on EBay. Now it seems the 70's pipes have become "vintage.!! :lol!:

You may well already do this but sending sellers a want list has worked for me. A lot of the hot estates never make it to the site or if they do they're already sold and the seller just wants to show what he's been moving. I don't know if smokingpipes accepts them but Luca and Marty will I think. :shock: