Lancer's Slices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyxpipe

Reaction score
WOW is it good! I just got in a tobacco order with 2 oz of Lancer's Slices, I think I should reorder now so I might get it before this 2 oz is gone. It reminds me a lot of Penzance. I think I have a new favorite!

It's a fine latakia flake, and still reasonably priced by the pound (compared to most everything else that has shot up in the last few months). I would get a couple of pounds and pack in in Mason jars. Actually, I've already done that, :D but you should too if you like it.

Natch

Lancer Slices is maybe the best English I've had that contained no Orientals. That said, I find English blends with no Orientals a bit monochromatic.

A favorite of mine! I just opened a jar that's been in the cellar for more than two years. Yowza! This stuff gets smoother and more complex with age. Buy more and cellar it!

This is a very good blend if it contains the right amount of moisture to bring out the sweetness.

Yes, I've only had about 5 bowls of it now but I dried out a few pinches and they were quite sweet very very satisfying smoke. This 500g bag is going to be the start of my cellar, before this I've only ordered as much as I smoke in a couple months. What a fine start it will be.

Thanks for the tip Natch, I will have to try that with some of the Orlik Golden Sliced I have.

Brewdude":9kp696b8 said:
How does Lancer slices compare to the long discontinued Bengal Slices?

Cheers,

RR
Having never tasted Bengal SlicesI really couldn't answer this fairly but I have heard others who have smoked both comment that they are very similar in taste. Lancers Slices is one of my favorite English blends.

Brewdude said:
How does Lancer slices compare to the long discontinued Bengal Slices?

Park Lane, who does a great job mirroring some of the old classics, has a 'Bengal' which is lot like the old Bengal Slices, though the licorice or whatever it had is muted. Physically, it's not quite a flake either.

To me, Lancer's, Bengal and Old Ironsides occupy the same taste spectrum, maybe along with Pirate Cake.

hp
les