Latakia Powerhouse Wanted?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":1lst5nri said:
DrumsAndBeer":1lst5nri said:
I smoked Odyssey last night. I was lucky enough to run across a 2 year old tin at a local B&M. Wonderful smoke with a superb repelling effect on the lady of the house.
:king: - :queen: = :mrgreen:
Good stuff Kyle!

Harlock999":nf23k8pl said:
Kyle Weiss":nf23k8pl said:
DrumsAndBeer":nf23k8pl said:
I smoked Odyssey last night. I was lucky enough to run across a 2 year old tin at a local B&M. Wonderful smoke with a superb repelling effect on the lady of the house.
Good stuff Kyle!
+1

For some it might be:

:king: - :queen: = :twisted:

Kyle Weiss":whoaat5n said:
DrumsAndBeer":whoaat5n said:

:cheers:

8)
Nice!

I got to hand it to GLP. I love Odyssey, but I think I heard less complaining when I was working through my last 2oz tin of Billy Budd. Odyssey is a true smoke bath.

I dunno, I like Odyssey a lot, but BLACKPOINT has the refined blast and complexity I am looking for in a Lat-blend. So many things bubbling to the surface before it congeals and goes all creamy on you. LOVE IT!

C&D Pirate Kake is the strongest Latakia blend I've smoked: it's supposed to be 70% Latakia. C&D also has a tinned blend called DaVinci that is supposedly 75% Latakia.

Smokey

smokey422":mxwgyae6 said:
C&D also has a tinned blend called DaVinci that is supposedly 75% Latakia.

Smokey
This seems to be the highest % of latakia advertised. Looking at all the different web-pages for all the companies that bother with them, I couldn't find a higher % advertised then C&D DaVinci. I've got a tin put away (and a tin of that supposedly god awful wino DaVinci from Dan Tobacco too)

I'm still big on using McC's blending Lat and another straight blending Lat my local shop carry's, to give me what some companies just can't. A specific example is all the Sutcliffe's from Atladis I got. They are all lacking in most departments, except mositure from casing the baccy too much, but the extra Lat has helped make them tolerable.