Latest Briar Blues offerings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this! Somehow, that is a estate site I have overlooked. They certainly have some great pipes... after the 1st of the year sometime, I will have to give this site some serious attention.

Sign up for Mike's mailing list!! I, and many others, received a nice email earlier today concerning this list of new offerings!!! :santa: FTRPLT

Thanks for the heads up Rande. I'm waiting to hear back from Mike so I can complete a purchase.

And purchase complete. I'm a sucker for a nice Stanwell.

I think I might pass on this site. I was looking through his list of pipes under $100 and he has a Nording Eriksen Keystone pipe listed for $70 without keystones. You can buy that pipe new from multiple places for under $30. He's charging more than double for an incomplete system. He also said it was made in the 70s when they weren't produced until recently. I have to question his pricing and information on everything else when I see something like that. That's just my observation.

Feazelle-n-it":kbg7ao0y said:
I think I might pass on this site. I was looking through his list of pipes under $100 and he has a Nording Eriksen Keystone pipe listed for $70 without keystones. You can buy that pipe new from multiple places for under $30. He's charging more than double for an incomplete system. He also said it was made in the 70s when they weren't produced until recently. I have to question his pricing and information on everything else when I see something like that. That's just my observation.
Did you talk to him about it?

If not, I think you should. Maybe he got the info from the wrong person.

I've dealt with him in the past and I was very happy with what I received.

RobJ":8s1yim2w said:
Thanks for the heads up Rande. I'm waiting to hear back from Mike so I can complete a purchase.

And purchase complete. I'm a sucker for a nice Stanwell.
Post pics of the one you got Rob.

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

SpeedyPete":h6vallwh said:
Feazelle-n-it":h6vallwh said:

If not, I think you should.  Maybe he got the info from the wrong person.

I did. He said he got all the info from the owner. He is going to adjust the date on it based on some info he found online. The price he can't do anything about, but that's not my concern. If he's posting these things based on what the owner says how does he know if its truthful? But then again I guess that's the case with everything you buy online. It just seems odd to me.

Brewdude":k5tmwwsn said:
Post pics of the one you got Rob.

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR
slg12a.jpg

I've always liked this Stanwell shape. It's fairly small and slips into a pocket easily.

Feazelle-n-it":5zijy9zg said:
SpeedyPete":5zijy9zg said:
Feazelle-n-it":5zijy9zg said:

If not, I think you should.  Maybe he got the info from the wrong person.

I did. He said he got all the info from the owner. He is going to adjust the date on it based on some info he found online. The price he can't do anything about, but that's not my concern. If he's posting these things based on what the owner says how does he know if its truthful? But then again I guess that's the case with everything you buy online. It just seems odd to me.
Sellers don't have time to research every pipe they consign. I read stuff listed all the time that I don't agree with but that's part of the hobby and part of the fun when you become more knowledgeable (a geek) in the marks that interest you  . Mike is a seller I can recommend.

I don't know a lot about Nording pipes or Nording Keystone pipes other than I have a old high grade Nording or clay Keystones other than I tried them once and still have a bunch of Keystone samples from a show years ago but IMO keystones are like filters you use them and then through them out. The system is disposable. Finding used Keystones in a pipe would be like finding a used filter in a pipe. YUK!  :no:
:shock:

One or two overpriced/under-researched pipes does not make a bad seller. If you look through the entire list you will find several pipes that are significantly below most seller prices. Compare some of his to what similar pipes sell for on ebay and I think you will have to agree. I know if I hadn't already spent as much as I have this month on tobacco and pipes, there are a couple of pipes listed there that I would be very interested in. I will definitely check out his site better a few months down the line, if not sooner.

Thanks Rande! I'm very much looking forward to its arrival, and thanks again for the tip.

Good Day All;

Thanks for posting about the latest arrivals.  There are quite a few nice pieces in the group.

I would like everyone to understand that ALL the prices on the BB site are set by the owners!  I "may" suggest sometimes IF a pipe is priced far below current market value or way above.  BUT the final say is with the pipes owner.  I do take great offense to emails suggesting I am "price gouging".  Usually I have pretty thick skin, but there are some issues that do irk me( read - piss me right off ).

As far as the Nording pipe in question.  These were recently brought back into production, BUT after further research we found that these WERE also made in the 1980's.  The owner said 1970's, and with the new info we have adjusted the date.   I am sure you can find the same pipe for a lesser price.  I did a quick search and found them priced at $33.56 Euro or under $50.00 US.  Add shipping from Europe and you'll end up around $70.00.  

I am also more than sure that IF you look around you'll find a number of pipes on our site that carry prices far less than some other dealers ask as well as some of the price E-Bay has commanded.  You'll also find pipes priced at "pie in the sky" prices, as the owners " assessment of the value" does not equal reality.

If you've dealt with me in the past you'll know that I am will always offer an honest opinion on any pipe in stock.  You might not like the answer and it may stop you from buying a pipe, but you'll get the bottom line and not some bs on how great a pipe is, IF it's not.

Again Thanks for posting the info about the update and Thanks to all for visiting the site and support.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler

BriarBlues":4raxnp23 said:
Good Day All;

Thanks for posting about the latest arrivals.  There are quite a few nice pieces in the group.

I would like everyone to understand that ALL the prices on the BB site are set by the owners!  I "may" suggest sometimes IF a pipe is priced far below current market value or way above.  BUT the final say is with the pipes owner.  I do take great offense to emails suggesting I am "price gouging".  Usually I have pretty thick skin, but there are some issues that do irk me( read - piss me right off ).

As far as the Nording pipe in question.  These were recently brought back into production, BUT after further research we found that these WERE also made in the 1980's.  The owner said 1970's, and with the new info we have adjusted the date.   I am sure you can find the same pipe for a lesser price.  I did a quick search and found them priced at $33.56 Euro or under $50.00 US.  Add shipping from Europe and you'll end up around $70.00.  

I am also more than sure that IF you look around you'll find a number of pipes on our site that carry prices far less than some other dealers ask as well as some of the price E-Bay has commanded.  You'll also find pipes priced at "pie in the sky" prices, as the owners " assessment of the value" does not equal reality.

If you've dealt with me in the past you'll know that I am will always offer an honest opinion on any pipe in stock.  You might not like the answer and it may stop you from buying a pipe, but you'll get the bottom line and not some bs on how great a pipe is, IF it's not.

Again Thanks for posting the info about the update and Thanks to all for visiting the site and support.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler
I have already backed you up in this thread on your pricing, but as far as that pipe being near $70 with shipping, it's simply not. I bought one new from JR Cigars for $26 plus free shipping at the time... Here it is at $26... which is still too high of a price as far as I'm concerned, as a cob smokes much better than the Eriksen in my opinion.

Simple Man

I believe you. I did a quick search and came up with a seller ( B & M ) in Denmark with these pipes for sale. $33.56 Euro plus shipping. I did not check for a North American based seller.

IF someone asked me about the pipes .... honestly..... even $30.00 is too much to charge for them. Just my $0.02 worth.

Stem quality is iffy at best. Drilling is tight. Bowl finish is mediocre. Instead of spending $30.00 for a pipe like these I'd suggest you're far better off spending the money on tobacco.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler