Leafy Bulldog

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256 said:
Growley":4b5nvbag said:
monbla256":4b5nvbag said:
Ok, so what are my chances of winning, and how awesome is the prize?

Brian.
You have to ask? Well, first, you will win a lovely GENUINE Rayon/Dacron Satin Blue Ribbon with velcro back and accessory piece to attach to your refrigerator door so you can stick it up for all to see. Then we will provide you 2 5x7 B&W photos ( we will furnish a nice black 8x10 certificate frame w/matt for one from the in-stock Chinese made frames furnished by BoB's Frame House here in town to allow you to frame one ) of your pipe being held by Harvey, our 6' Pookah who is our head judge ( The Mad Hatter, Alice and The Jaberwocky are the others) [see the movie "Harvey" w/ Jimmy Stewart to see Harvey]. Then your winning pipe will be sent to our friends at the famous Yin/Yang Pipe factory in China to be made into their "Pipe of the Century, part II, out of the famous Bing Bang faux briar with "Vulclead" bit. We will provide inappropriate promotional photos for you to use on Facebook and Twitter to advertise the pipe ( they have some cute little girls for these photos at the factory :p ) The head of Marketing at the factory feels that your pipe could probably sell in the 1 to 2 million units area with appropriate marketing and you would reap a nice .02% of each units price (net of course :p ) . Pretty good deal, huh? :p :p

The illusive Blue Ribbon..... As a child who rarely ever won any sort of blue ribbon, I have to say, it's tempting.

Growley":ebveh7kv said:
:lol!: Your response cracked me up. It's funny you said you were going to dream about it. :x When I'm trying a new shape, it's all I can think about some times, and I do literally dream about them. It's like my mind keeps working on the build and moves forward even when I'm asleep. It can be quite annoying sometimes.
Well. Just between you and I, I did have a dream about that pipe last night, and I'm not going to go into details. :eek:

:p

8)

You gotta love birds eye grain on a very unique interpretation of a classic and venerable shape. I like your DOG!!!! Good luck in the KC Pipe show!!! :cheers:

What a gorgeous pipe, sir. Kudos! If I were a judge, I'd just declare the contest over before it started and hand you the prize!

Good luck at the event!

Be well,
Doody

herbinedave":0gwnakwz said:
You gotta love birds eye grain on a very unique interpretation of a classic and venerable shape. I like your DOG!!!! Good luck in the KC Pipe show!!! :cheers:
Thanks!

Mr. Doody":mfggnrrn said:
What a gorgeous pipe, sir. Kudos! If I were a judge, I'd just declare the contest over before it started and hand you the prize!

Good luck at the event!

Be well,
Doody
Thanks Doody. Maybe you could sign up last minute as a judge ;)

As an unabashed bulldog fan, I love that pipe. Seriously, seriously awesome.

I like the name Bull Whale, as well...but it kinda looks more like a Great Hornbill, to me.

Doppelhornvogel-09.jpg

What have I been telling you, Brian! You make a damn nice pipe. And yes to all you who are wondering, Growley pipes are amazing smokers (I own three).

I might have to enter into a little friendly competition with you and go for the pipe carving contest myself. We'll see.

Great job, Brian. Now if only I could get half the attention you get for my pipes! :D

Growley":emuc0pds said:
George Kaplan":emuc0pds said:
Wow! :cyclops: Every angle of that pipe is a surprise and delight. Well done, sir.
Thanks George! Hey, I grew up near KZoo. Was born and raised in Jackson.
No kidding! When I was a kid, My folks would take us to Jackson to the Space Center and this really cool ice cream shop. Monbla and Kyle are cracking me up on this thread!

George Kaplan":490sfi5z said:
Growley":490sfi5z said:
George Kaplan":490sfi5z said:
Wow! :cyclops: Every angle of that pipe is a surprise and delight. Well done, sir.
Thanks George! Hey, I grew up near KZoo. Was born and raised in Jackson.
No kidding! When I was a kid, My folks would take us to Jackson to the Space Center and this really cool ice cream shop. Monbla and Kyle are cracking me up on this thread!
In my 18 years in Jackson I don't think I ever went to the space center. That's really odd because it's not like Jackson is so loaded with stuff to do that it just got pushed to the back of the list. Proves to me once again, that one needs to be a "tourist" of their own town as well as others.

idbowman":6vl9i7s2 said:

I like the name Bull Whale, as well...but it kinda looks more like a Great Hornbill, to me.

Doppelhornvogel-09.jpg
Wow...now that's a serious bird!

idbowman":y64dci3h said:

So... Bull Horn then? :p

idbowman":41ccfcts said:
I like the name Bull Whale, as well...but it kinda looks more like a Great Hornbill, to me.[/img]
Ohio has some really weird birds.

Thats one beautiful job. not to change it from a bulldog but I would call it a rocking rhodesian. I think all rhodesians are bulldogs but all bulldogs are not rhodesians. DOIES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE??? MIKE

SPUD 15":sezvehaq said:
Thats one beautiful job. not to change it from a bulldog but I would call it a rocking rhodesian. I think all rhodesians are bulldogs but all bulldogs are not rhodesians. DOIES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE??? MIKE
It does to me. A Rhodesian is a class of bulldog often defined by it's rounded non-paneled shank. I kind of like that name.

So, the second dream I had about that pipe, just last night, it actually told me "no" to my sultry advances, and that I wasn't its type.

Figures, what a prima donna. Now I'm heartbroken.

8)

Kyle Weiss":th1pnr0k said:
So, the second dream I had about that pipe, just last night, it actually told me "no" to my sultry advances, and that I wasn't its type.

Figures, what a prima donna. Now I'm heartbroken.

8)
I just recently switched my briar suppliers to one who is supposed to be the best. That's what I get for using more expensive wood I guess. Upity pipes.

Growley":feaf3tlb said:
I just recently switched my briar suppliers to one who is supposed to be the best. That's what I get for using more expensive wood I guess. Upity pipes.
*sigh* Ah, spring time, when a boy's fancy turns to pipes that won't have him. :lol:

8)