LET'S SEE PICS OF YOU SMOKING A PIPE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":7q7irpc7 said:
Brewdude":7q7irpc7 said:
Cool pics beeman. How many hives do you have, and how is the general health of the bees?

I ask since there seems to be concern of the declining population of honey beers due to parasites, pesticides, and other factors.

That, and I love my honey!

Cheers,

RR
You may love your honey but you got BEER on your mind!
Ya, that too!

:geek:

Cheers,

RR

Thanks brewdude,

Concerned about the production of honey brown beer? :p  

The bees are struggling nearly everywhere. This year up in Ontario honey production has been poor because of the weather. As far as disappearing populations and colony collapse, I think a huge problem is the use of chemicals on crops and on the crop seed at planting, namely those in the category called Neonicotinoids, (Neonics). They are used on about 22 different crops.  

Unfortunately big business and the government have their hands in the money jar on this one so although the government says on one hand that they are investigating and proposing "possibly regulating" it's use, they're profiting from it's use on the other.

I used to run 35 colonies but a change in work schedule a number of years back made it impossible to continue so I have only 2 at the moment. I retire next year so I may build up again.

Just a moment ago.  Lagonda in a J Alan.
Pipeselfie_zpsa78d8a5d.jpg

This one's for Marty.
Some of you older guys might remember lipipe and his weird obsession with shirtless pipe smoking. For the rest of you, I'm truly sorry.
Taking a pipe and coffee break during a recent island-hopping kayak trip.

That's only for Marty if you're smoking a bowl of macho manstank. Only Pirate Kake, Penzance or Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard will do. Also it helps to have a lawn chair and a stiff drink.

Yeah, I miss Marty's posts..

BTW George, you pull off the shirtless pipe smoking thing nicely. Hairy chest required.

DrumsAndBeer":3qdo52xs said:
That's only for Marty if you're smoking a bowl of macho manstank. Only Pirate Kake, Penzance or Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard will do. Also it helps to have a lawn chair and a stiff drink.

BTW George, you pull off the shirtless pipe smoking thing nicely. Hairy chest required.
I miss Marty's posts as well. Hope he's doing OK.

cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ph2p14cd said:
DrumsAndBeer":ph2p14cd said:

I miss Marty's posts as well. Hope he's doing OK.

cheers,

RR
Can't say it enough about missing Marty. Wish he would come back.

Mozjo33":sx0opa8m said:
Sorry I'm not shirtless like George!
I'm thankfully not shirtless either and I have no clue who Marty is but here I am at the 2014 WCPS in Las Vegas in early November. :shock:
b189c015.jpg

My avatar is me, not smoking my Mastersen in my living room. I'm an outdoor smoker because I have a two year old son and I don't want to expose him to second hand. But its me.

I'm the guy on the right, at the first meeting of the Frederick (MD) Pipe Club last month.

1507990_907174202627468_6201649823603881571_n.jpg

Some saw this as proof I could actually look like a normal, happy human automaton.   Goofing off before the Nov 2014 Pipe Party at the local tobacco shop.  

10838200_903464469666108_1111599636368014785_o.jpg" style="width: 400px;height: 400px

8)

Kyle Weiss":phm8slfg said:
Some saw this as proof I could actually look like a normal, happy human automaton.   Goofing off before the Nov 2014 Pipe Party at the local tobacco shop.  

10838200_903464469666108_1111599636368014785_o.jpg" style="width: 400px;height: 400px

8)

You kinda remind me of Rob Halford in that shot Kyle, looking good Buddy. :cheers: :sunny: