Let's see those ash trays ya use!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
We've all seen the pipes, 'baccy stashes and pouches everyone uses now let's see what ya use to catch your ashes :twisted: :twisted: 
For me it's been this Dunhill ashtray I got when a B&M went out of business back in '82. It's nice and big and is easy to clean and looks classy as well !!  :twisted: :twisted: 

All of my ash goes into a mason jar and then into the compost bin.

Use to use this but, now I use a planter on the porch.

Crap photo.  I use this for tossing spent matches.  As far as ashes, dottle, and cigar butts go, I prefer something with a top on it, like an empty Planter's nut can, so I can seal the stench off.  Dottles are so friggin' nasty!

2_00210.jpg
" />

Richard Burley":i9hpvdn9 said:
Crap photo.  I use this for tossing spent matches.  As far as ashes, dottle, and cigar butts go, I prefer something with a top on it, like an empty Planter's nut can, so I can seal the stench off.  Dottles are so friggin' nasty!

2_00210.jpg
" />
Richard,
Do you still have the Rolls you got that Winged Lady off of?  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":0rujjidr said:
Richard,
Do you still have the Rolls you got that Winged Lady off of?  :twisted: :twisted: 
Nah, never owned one. What for?...I used to sell them. I am told that this is probably a fake, of Mexican origin. If it's real, it's a very old Lady, probably from a Phantom or Wraith.

Richard Burley":vlsitynm said:
monbla256":vlsitynm said:
Richard,
Nah, never owned one.  What for?...I used to sell them.  I am told that this is probably a fake, of Mexican origin.  If it's real, it's a very old Lady, probably from a Phantom or Wraith.
Fake or not, it looks good especially with that Dunnie!!  :twisted: 

R. Burley - that's a great ashtray!

I only own two, one is a marble monstrosity for cigars that I keep in the garage. I use this one to keep a few pipes in my bookcase. My stash is guarded by evil gnomes.  :face: 

Thanks. I wouldn't trust those gnomes, or at least the one pictured, with my stash! No way, man!

Here's mine. I got this from the hotel I stayed at in Rome back in 2002. The manager offered it to me when he learned I was a smoker.

ashtray_zpsd1202880.jpg

I have one, but its unremarkable. I only use it to toss matches in and then to clean it out quickly. Ash and dottle goes on the ground.

I'd like to get a nice one for cigars...

I love ashtrays and have a many (not pictured) of them including
this rare Castello ashtray I bought this spring that I have wanted for
years and never seen for sale.  :shock: 
dscn2611.jpg
dscf2611.jpg

hpim0210.jpg

I'm slowing collecting things for my man-cave to be. This ashtray reminds me of the one that my grampa used:

This is from the 1970's when everyone had at least one ashtray in their home. Just added a cork to convert it for my pipes:

PlateauGuy":jtqr5nv9 said:
I'm slowing collecting things for my man-cave to be.  This ashtray reminds me of the one that my grampa used:
I really like the old stand ashtrays, that's a nice one for sure.
Hard to find them complete like that.

Couple of years ago Kyle sent me a nice big one with three pipe rests and a cork knocker. At the time I had a neighbor who would, on rare occasions, join me for a pipe. The tray with three pipes in it made a nice presentation piece to take over to his front porch and entice him to smoke with me. About an hour into our gab session I noticed him reach over my tray and dump his ashes into a cigarette tray on the other side of the table. When I pointed this out to him, he answered, "Yours was so nice, I didn't want to get it dirty".