Let's see your smoking chair

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to "Breakfast With the Beatles" this morning from my "smoking chair" on the patio.

That's a good looking ax! (above)
A friend of mine is a guitar nut, and he just tracked down an original late 1940's Bigbsy guitar, in Anchorage, Alaska.
It predates the earliest Telecaster (Broadcaster) by a few months.

Harlock999":svsfalqy said:
A friend of mine is a guitar nut, and he just tracked down an original late 1940's Bigbsy guitar, in Anchorage, Alaska.
Just to hold that, would be sweet.

sand18f":8876t48h said:
Harlock999":8876t48h said:
Just to hold that, would be sweet.
Here's a very small photo! The guitar has been really messed with over the years. The original P/U's and pickgaurd are gone, and even the Bigsby vibrato was added later. It's going to be quite a restoration job.

hobie1dog":wsg5fkxo said:
Midnight Blues":wsg5fkxo said:
daffodils-tree-stump.jpg
That reminds me of this photo. :bounce: It's a much better looking rump...I mean stump. :lol:

warmingbuns-1.jpg
PERFECT CHAIR, WITH A PERFECT PLACE TO PUT THE BUTTS !!!

Very funny to share your ideas on smoking chairs.

Personally I spend most of the time here in my recording Studio and there´s a small lounge where everyone can hang around, watch movies, listen to music and of course - smoke.
I got a couple of those "Fatboy" beanbags there. I love these seats - they´re comfortable, robust, the colors are great and they are washable (there are musicians around here!).

theoriginal-silver.jpg

Hey a guy can dream cant he?

Love the stressless eames design, I've snuck a bowl or so on my brother's zero gravity recliner, but I tend to kind of swallow the smoke too much in that position,

perhaps these old schoolish options would appeal to some of the bro's out there

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-SKELETON-THRONE-SKULL-KING-CHAIR-GOTHIC-ROCK-STAR-/330591246193?pt=US_Chairs&hash=item4cf8c61771#ht_889wt_1141

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-PORTERS-CHAIR-THRONE-KING-GLAMOUR-ACCENT-SOFA-/230657864841?pt=US_Chairs&hash=item35b447b489#ht_1090wt_1187

I can't top the last post.

Right now it's the right arm of a 10x10 microsuede sectional. When I'm done raising kids, a leather wingback club chair and a cast iron wood stove are going into my home office.

hobie1dog":ywxp4og3 said:
[…] Those are expensive, but I'd love to find the prints on how to build one myself
I personally think, there´s no other further comment on this necessary than the following:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJ9xuAPVBUI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Schacht":pbfkiaqu said:
hobie1dog":pbfkiaqu said:
[…] Those are expensive, but I'd love to find the prints on how to build one myself
I personally think, there´s no other further comment on this necessary than the following:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJ9xuAPVBUI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
Darn, it is block due to copyright laws...the world has gone to hell for sure. :no:

Too bad! It´s a scene from the Joel and Ethan Coen movie "Burn After Reading", where Harry Pfarrer (George Clooney) shows Linda Litzke (Frances McDormand) what he has been busy with building in his basement. She is almost as impressed of his work as he is by himself.

Oh. My. God. Cute. Dobie. (Is she a "red?") :cheers:

That looks like my kind of smoke spot. And the chair! 8)