Let's talk Anni Kake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepbass9

Reaction score
So, I bought some cans of this a while back and finally got around to trying it.

Thus far, I have mixed feelings...which usually means the blend gets left at the wayside. Who out there loves it/hates it and why?

I find a "taste" to it (I emailed Russ to ask about toppings...awaiting a reply) that doesn't agree with me. I'm a big fan of VAs and VAPers, so I really expected to like this. In addition to this, I still have Marble Kate and Lousiana Red to try, as well as some Lat blends. I'm hoping this "taste" isn't across the board on these blends.

What's your experience?

While it is technically a VaPer, Anni kake really has a flavor profile all its own. I enjoyed it when I first tried it and several smokes thereafter, but as I went through the tin there really was something in the taste that eventually got to disagreeing with me. I can't recall at this point too well as it was probably more than a year n a half ago.

I don't know how many toppings are in AK, but I know rum is one of them. Russ told me that. I enjoy AK quite a bit and it is a good one to age, too. Some people like it fresh and others don't like it at first, but change their minds after some months of ageing. I recommend that you try that.

I picked up a small sample of Anni about a year ago. I tried a couple of fresh bowls and it just wasn't my cup o tea, it was a tad bitey and I found the topping to be offputting. I stashed away my sample to see if a little age would smooth it out, I will crack into it this week and see if it has improved.

I like it. Whatever the topping is, its a bit too sweet for every day, but every once and a while, its a nice change of pace. I also like it for breaking in a stubborn pipe.

I just enjoyed a bowl of this fresh off the UPS truck. After reading the reviews on Tobaccoreviews.com I couldn't wait to dive in.
I thought the perique would be more at the top but I enjoyed it none the less.

In this blend I taste a slight flavor that reminds me of hot chocolate and a hint of cinnamon.

Too bad so few of the thousands of members seem to have tried this. I was hoping for some more comments, but thanks to those that have spoken.

I recently picked up some at a local B&M and I like it alot so far. Rich creamy smoke. I went back and bought some more to let it age a bit.

I've cellared a few pounds of the stuff. I know quite a number of people who smoke it. I'm going to revisit it when I smoke down my open stuff and the oldest of my AK tins hit the one year mark.

I have 4 lbs of it cellared in 2008 that I purchased and it has been a daily smoke for 3 weeks just now finishing up a 8+ oz jar which has been replaced with a new 8 oz tin. Never had it fresh so I may try some that way since aged it does not taste like what some of you are stating but man I'm totally stuck on this stuff.