Lightbox Photography

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskansong

Reaction score
I just took delivery on a lightbox with two 5500k lights. Playing around with it today, I am finding that, like many things, there is a steep learning curve ahead of me.

Here are a few first efforts:

Peter Heding Skaagerak

Jan Peitenpauw Zulu

Stephen Downie Beluga Fin

Jens "Tao" Nielsen Stubby Dubby

Those are some nice pix of some very nice pipes, good job Richard

Natch":8hxkzwnw said:
Nice. So if I was to put my head in there, you could make me look Robert Redford in his early 30s? :lol:

Natch
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Only you would come up with something like that Mr. Natural!

I'm just finding out how hard it is to photograph a pipe. Kudos to all you guys capturing and presenting professional images.

Look good. Hey, find an old pipe tool-book-pocket watch and do some still lifes. That would be cool.

You might want to add a couple of lights. In the first photo you can still see the edge of the bowl throwing a shadow onto the shank. The different light angles serve to eliminate these shadows. You can pick up cheap reflector and natural light 5500 bulbs at home depot.

Also the stems seem to wash out against the dark background. I picked up different colored and textured paper "backgrounds" from Michaels craft shop. I also have several rocks and pieces of driftwood for leaning pipes and knives on for pictures.

Not throwing stones - your pics really show amazing detail. Hope these hints help a little bit.

Great pics! Great pipes! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your first efforts! Keep 'em coming! :cheers: