List your top 5 Metal Albums of all times!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Greetings gents!
In light of a Discussion with PB, EJin and Shadrack.......... I thought it would be a good idea to throw this out there!
One rule...... the album you list must have been released on Vinyl and still in your collection, if not you sold out! :twisted:
Please join in!
This could be interesting!

Here goes mine!

1. Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast"

2. Ozzy "Tribute to Randy Rhodes"

3. Metallica "Kill'em All"

4. Judas Priest "British Steel"

5. Wasp "The last command" tie Yngwie Malmsteen "Rising Force"

Bonus: (Ronnie James) Dio "Holy Diver"

Piet Binsbergen":ky835vz1 said:
One rule...... the album you list must have been released on Vinyl and still in your collection, if not you sold out! :twisted:
What the heck is 'vinyl'? ;)

Every metalhead knows that they don't relase on LP anymore because all our vinyl reserves are now used to make Rob Halford's pants.

Dude, Your one rule knocked me out.
I've got no metal- vinyls left; all scratched, cracked, broke, loaned out, etc..& after CD's I never looked back (actually most that I had were on cassette).

But since I'm a Rock N Roll Rebel I'll give you my list anyhoot:

1. Black Sabbath, Paranoid
2. Metallica, Black Album
3. AC/DC, Back in Black (I know, a lot of Black)
4. Guns N Roses, Appetite for Destruction
5. Ozzy Osbourne, Diary of a Madman (My First Metal Album)

There are many more that would be very close in line, some old, some new.

Doc Manhattan":8q5k3l0r said:
all our vinyl reserves are now used to make Rob Halford's pants.
lol.gif

:lol!: The innocent days when we never would have imagined Rob Halford was gay! Damn.......

Doc Manhattan":eyosy1dn said:
Every metalhead knows that they don't relase on LP anymore because all our vinyl reserves are now used to make Rob Halford's pants.
LOL. Nice one Doc.

A top 5 metal album list is incredibly difficult for me since I love metal in all it's forms and am pushing close to a 1000 cd's, but I'll give it a shot. I really would need to do a top 100 to include the bands/albums that have inspired me over the years. I think we need to do a top 25 metal bands list after this!

1. Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade - (England) This is my hands down all time favorite metal band. They sing about war and its many repercussions. They rarely come to the US but I was lucky enough to see them in Maryland last year and it was the best show I've ever seen. Seeing them live was on my "things to do before I die" list.

2. Immortal - At The Heart of Winter - (Norway) These guys are true black metal masters, one of the highest regarded bands out there. They practically carried black metal on their backs to the mainstream metal scene. I was able to see them in NJ about 10 years ago and it blew my mind how good they were!

3. Slayer - Reign in Blood - (US) What else can be said about these guys. One of the best thrash metal albums ever produced. It still holds up amazingly well today for an album pushing 25 years old.

4. Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked - (US) Death metal with ancient Egyptian influenced music and lyrics. All of their albums are fantastic but this one is my favorite. They even use some traditional Egyptian instruments while painting a musical landscape that reminds of a History Channel documentary on ancient Egypt.

5. Bathroy - NordlandI&II - (Sweden) - Their viking themed albums are legendary in the metal underground. They are credited with inventing folk/viking inspired metal and, I personally, think no other band has ever come close to topping them. The music is raw but the lyrics and imagery are unmatched. It makes me want to drink mead and conquer foreign lands.

Shadrack..... dude, Killer choice!

Slayer hmmmmmm Mr. Tom what a legend, saw a docky on Slayer the other day on cable, they are still rocking and never sold out! Amazing to see him and Kerry King and seeing how old the dudes have gotten!

Shad! with a list like that, you are a legend bro!!

Well, I no longer have them, but I did have them on vinyl so I'll list em anyhow.

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman

Montrose -Montrose

Judas Priest - Live, Unleashed in the East

I could easily list 20 fav's in different orders on any given day.

Early Steppenwolf from 1969 with that long improv that turns into "The Pusher".

Iron Butterfly "In A Gadda Da Vida"

Led Zeppelin II

Deep Purple "Made in Japan"

Black Sabbath "Paranoid"

Kiss "alive"

Alice Cooper "Schools Out"

AC/DC "Live"

Oooops, more than 5. The Who, Kniks....., what about John Mayall maybe.

Got them all in vinyl. Some original releases, some later releases, and some brand spanking new.

Never much of a metal fan, but I have to show love to Anthrax's "I'm the Man" EP. Not only did it anticipate the rap-metal connection that would be the big thing a decade later, but you gotta love a song that uses the riff from "Hava Nagilah".

:lol!: I had that album Doc! Almost hate to admit it :lol:

The gem on that LP was the cover of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 8)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CzB7dw-VnrM_US&fs=1&" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know they STILL release some albums on vinyl if you know where to look. Just sayin'.

8)

Well... I'd have to put too much thought into it to list my top favorite 5 of all time... however, as I type this, I am listening to Rob Zombie- "Past, Present and Future" CD... Mr Zombie does rock hard. :twisted:

In no particular order.......
1) Judas Priest / Unleashed in the East (Even though it has a ton of overdubbing)
2) Type O Negative / Bloody Kisses (In honor of Pete Steele's untimely death :( )
3) Metal Church / Self Titled (Highway Star & Hitman are awesome!!!)
4) Black Sabbath / Mob Rules (I always liked Dio better than Ozzy!)
5) World War III (Mandy Lion) / When God Turned Away ("Rise" is F'N GREAT!!!!!)

and of course Iron Maiden.

DoverPipes":9po3lrqy said:
In no particular order.......
1) Judas Priest / Unleashed in the East (Even though it has a ton of overdubbing)
2) Type O Negative / Bloody Kisses (In honor of Pete Steele's untimely death :( )
3) Metal Church / Self Titled (Highway Star & Hitman are awesome!!!)
4) Black Sabbath / Mob Rules (I always liked Dio better than Ozzy!)
5) World War III (Mandy Lion) / When God Turned Away ("Rise" is F'N GREAT!!!!!)

and of course Iron Maiden.
Type O is a fav of mine also. Pete was a cool dude. I was really bummed to hear of his death. Bloody Kisses has some killer tracks on it but I have to give edge to October Rust since it's more of a complete package.