List your top 5 Metal Albums of all times!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad wouldn't listen to metal, haha. And the only place that sold records around here close down before I started on metal.

Well HD, as long as you are into metal & pipes, thats fine by us...... so go on, lets see your list my man, if you care to! :)

Brothers of briar and good metal!

Just got my hands on the new ELUVEITIE album, If Scandinavian metal is your scene go check it out! New vids up on youtube!
Fantastic indeed, it is going down well with FVF and coffee!!

Piet Binsbergen":z3md1p52 said:
Brothers of briar and good metal!

Just got my hands on the new ELUVEITIE album, If Scandinavian metal is your scene go check it out! New vids up on youtube!
Fantastic indeed, it is going down well with FVF and coffee!!
I really like their new album. That style of viking/folk metal fused with some traditional instruments really rings my chimes. Plus Meri is smoking hot! :twisted:

Hey Shadrack!

Amen to all the above brother!!
This is fast becoming my best band! I pick up so many different influences here. In places it really reminds me of some Classic IN Flames, another one of my favorites!
And yes bro the chicks are as sweet as the music.
The flute work is just astounding!
Listening to it right now! I'm really blown away! :twisted: :twisted:

Love the older In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, and especially the kings....At The Gates! Good stuff Piet!

Jester Race!!!! use it as a ring tone on my mobile and drive the Mrs mad with it! "Re route to remain" is just as good!
Sweet Shad, dig your taste in music bru!

Dig Equilibrium, Winters Verge, Tyr, Children of Bodom. Liked the old Nightwish on Sundays, but since Tarja left the band their stuff has become a little lame.... "bye bye beautiful" is a fine example of dumbing down!
Speaking of hot metal chicks, Tarja is a winner!

Piet Binsbergen":wtueb6mw said:
Hey Shadrack!

Amen to all the above brother!!
This is fast becoming my best band! I pick up so many different influences here. In places it really reminds me of some Classic IN Flames, another one of my favorites!
And yes bro the chicks are as sweet as the music.
The flute work is just astounding!
Listening to it right now! I'm really blown away! :twisted: :twisted:
Now, that's not usually something you hear in a conversation about metal :D

PS: Piet, I got the pipe and as soon as I get a PC that I can post some pics from, I'll be mentioning my new Pietenpauw. Got to say it's spectacular!!!!!

Surprised no one has mentioned Slayer, Reign in Blood. It's the only metal album I own, so I guess it's my favorite.
rock.gif

Jack Straw":brz6o1bs said:
Surprised no one has mentioned Slayer, Reign in Blood. It's the only metal album I own, so I guess it's my favorite.
rock.gif
It's on my list. No way that one doesn't get a spot. :cheers:

My favorite metal bands are Turisas, Tyr, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Iron Maiden, Metallica. Of course I rock it with others, but those are the big six.

By those bands, my favorite albums are:

Turisas- The Varangian Way

Tyr- By The Light of the Northern Star

In Flames- Lunar Strain

Dark Tranquility- Damage Done

Iron Maiden- Somewhere in Time

Metallica- Kill 'em All, of course. But I'm also a fan of Death Magnetic, which I saw live.

Dynamite,

Great selections there! Turisas is sweet. Check out the Battle Metal ablum. I found that one much better than The Varangian Way.

Shad \m/

Battle Metal is definitely kick ass, I just had Varangian Way first and listen to it a lot more haha. I find very few people have heard of Turisas or Tyr. I had a friend in college who was from Croatia and said it was big over there. I guess over there people in my age group have metal playing at their house parties and stuff, but over in the states it's normally hiphop. I should go to Europe.

Hey HD!
Nice choice bro! Nice to see Tyr on your list! For the Record, Slayer get a shout out from me, Reign in blood and South of H.

Not a huge metal fan, but I do have and enjoy listening to:

Paranoid, Black Sabbath
One, Metallica
the Black Album, Metallica

I don't really consider AC/DC metal, but I have several of their albums. I just think they are one of the finest rock and roll outfits going.

Also, I don't remember seeing Led Zeppelin mentioned...some consider them sort of the fathers of metal...I think their music is much to varied to be pigeonholed into one style...but they are also one of my favorites, and I have several of their records...hard to pick a favorite.

Mike

I listen to Slayer too, just not in my top six. But Tyr is probably at the top of my list. I'm not sure what to call Motorhead. I listen to a lot of that...

HD.... sweet my man! Motorhead will be classic metal along with Maiden, Priest, early Metallica and the like!

Gospelman..... much respect for giving Zepplin a shout out..... I too see them as the Fathers of Metal! I am also impressed with the bands you mention!

Hard question.

1. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
2. Burzum - Burzum
3. Sepultura - Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation
4. Ildjarn - Forest Poetry
5. Summoning - Dol Guldur

I grew up on Pantera. Vulgar display of power through The great southern trendkill is definitely my happy zone for them. Those three albums were in heavy rotation for me. The rest of metal for me is picking bits and pieces. I don't know what my top 5 albums would be but Pantera would have to be represented. I just got Corrosion of Conformity's In the Arms of God and I don't know that it's really a metal album through and through by everyone's standard but it's such a solid hard album that I can't get out of my car cd player for long recently. Anybody hear that one?

Ps, I have a soft spot for Slayer, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax.