Little help on a project

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortcircuit

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little input on a project I'm going to be working on over the next few weeks. I am going to be creating a computer program (cross-platform) to keep track of a tobacco cellar. It will be very similar tobaccocellar.org in its function, but will be a stand alone program. My question for you all is... if you were interested in such a program what would you want to see in it?

sc,

Interesting project, good luck. For me, I found it a hassle to type in the name and quantity of each blend/tin. Perhaps an active list above/side where one could click on say a C&D button, then click on tin or bulk, then click on number of tins or ounces, and zippo-zappo it's added to the cellar.

Add to this a 12 month abbreviation list and list say the 20 years leading up to present, and one could date it with two clicks. Cost might have to be typed in, but if it could be personalized by each of us with a dozen or so of the most patronized sites/B&M we each use?

Finally, a series of links/buttons that indicated something like it's in for a long time to age, not trade/sell; and a second indicating it's an active smoking jar (perhaps including if samples can be included in possible trades?) and finally a button indicating that it might be for sale or trade?

Just some rough, un-thought-out ideas (like I've never had those before!)
Natch

Centurian 803":rlja2s9x said:
Ditto from me, Natch. By the way. Love the new avatar.
Yes, her Majesties Secret Service visited me the other day and "recommended" I change it for "security reasons". :roll: Personally I think it was because she was smoking an ebay Dr. Grabow in the picture rather than the more stately Dunhill.

Natch

Thanks Natch, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Being new to smoking a pipe and not having kept a cellar myself I don't really know what people would want in such a program. I just thought this little project would be a good way to keep my programming skills up and possibly make me more familiar with the different tobacco manufacturers.

What language/development are you going to use to make it cross platform?

Very cool. Don't know how you coding guys do it. Anything over a fairly simple script and my head starts to spin.