little things that make a difference and the small things you appreciate

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I think we might have another similar thread to this, but I cannot find it. Delete if this is redundant.

A glass of ice water while in a hot shower or sauna. Akin to that, is slowly driving down backroads in the winter with the windows down and the heater full blast.

When the top seam of the cereal bag (in the box) is made with glue/friction that easily and cleanly separates, rather than stretching and/or tearing, making the pour into the bowl a hassle (or just something I have to think about rather than just doing it without a thought). I'm from that generation when a good percentage of commercials were for tooth-rotting, straight sugar cereals. I eat a lot of cereal. I'm Pete Campbell of Mad Men. I'm almost embarrassed by how much this irritates me. I won't go back to a cereal, or even brand sometimes, when I have to battle the bag. It tells me they've done zero R&D into their product, and I do not appreciate their laziness or frugality or whatever it is. I tried a new cereal last week, and opening it was a messy frustration. This is why I thought of such a thread.

One thing I get a kick out of is making all the green lights on the way to the post office.
There are seven of em and they're perfectly timed. If ya go exactly the speed limit
it's possible to sail through all of em. (Easily entertained ;) )

One thing I get a kick out of is making all the green lights on the way to the post office.
There are seven of em and they're perfectly timed. If ya go exactly the speed limit
it's possible to sail through all of em. (Easily entertained ;) )

We had a full arterial road like that in Sydney when I was a kid.

If you travelled along Parramatta Rd at the speed limit on the green lights it was wonderful. If you hit the red lights, woe betide you unless you sped up a little til you got to a green light.

Nowadays that is impossible due to population increases. Maybe at 2 AM for a few hours?

As for life's niceties, getting a tobacco that lights perfectly straight from the tin is one I'd mention.

Ha! I'm the same way with saltine crackers. I hate when the sleeves don't open right along the seam.
Indeed! That's the ticket right there. Aldi's generic brand used to be that way with the saltines, but not the last few times.