Longtime Lurker Just Decided to Join the Community

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipe'n Prof

Reaction score
Hi Brothers,

I have been perusing the threads in this community for over a year now and just decided that it was time for me to join. I have been a pipe smoker for about two years and really enjoy collecting new pipes and trying different tobaccos. I'm a midwestern native who is relocating to the pacific northwest later this summer.

Thanks for allowing me to become a part of this awesome community. I look forward to learning from all of you and also sharing some of my pipe experiences.

Welcome! So, does your screen name indicate that you're a professor? I think all professors should smoke pipes. It would be even better if they could smoke them in class. It's just a perfect fit in my mind.

Enough of my rambling. I'd say, "I hope you enjoy it here," but if you've lurked for over a year then you probably enjoy it at least a little.

Welcome, Prof! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Alas, Growley, I for one haven't been able to smoke a pipe in class since the 80s!

"T"

DrT999":y6vl8l50 said:

Alas, Growley, I for one haven't been able to smoke a pipe in class since the 80s!

"T"
...Figures.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Natch, I definitely intend to load up on Uhle's before I go. I am actually heading there tonight. It's less than a mile from my home. If any of you ever visit Milwaukee, make sure you visit Uhle's. It's a pipe smokers dream.

Growley, yes I am an assistant professor. I'm starting a new position in Seattle this fall. Looking forward to it. The very rainy spring in Milwaukee has hopefully prepared me.

Growley":comi3eb0 said:
DrT999":comi3eb0 said:

...Figures.
At least I have the memories of having done so! :king:

Pipe'n Prof":qko1qri4 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Natch, I definitely intend to load up on Uhle's before I go. I am actually heading there tonight. It's less than a mile from my home. If any of you ever visit Milwaukee, make sure you visit Uhle's. It's a pipe smokers dream.

Growley, yes I am an assistant professor. I'm starting a new position in Seattle this fall. Looking forward to it. The very rainy spring in Milwaukee has hopefully prepared me.
Congrats on the new position.

Thanks again, everyone! Looks like there are a couple of fellow Wisconsinites here.