LOOK'EN FOR A RADICE JUNE BUG

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I've been look'en for a Radice June Bug for awhile now and have seemed
to have missed several somehow. Anybody know where I might pick one up
or have one they'd like to sell?
Photo below depicts one, I'm not look'en for one of same color or surface texture, most any color or texture is acceptable.

Oh! And I don't want to hear "eBay". Reputable retailers or members only please. ;)

Cartaphilus":m82j76nf said:
Photo below depicts one, I'm not look'en for one of same color or surface texture, most any color or texture is acceptable.

Oh! And I don't want to hear "eBay". Reputable retailers or members only please. ;)
I thought these were a Neatpipes/Radice project? I would drop Luca an email and see if he can track one down.
I wouldn't give up on eBay, I wouldn't have the collection I do with out it. As much as I scour the internet daily, attend pipe pipe shows and built relationship with other collectors and dealers some of my rarest , most prized pipes have come from ebay. It truly is a 24/7 pipe show. You just have to be picky. :shock:

daveinlax":s9kpt3jr said:
Cartaphilus":s9kpt3jr said:

I thought these were a Neatpipes/Radice project? I would drop Luca an email and see if he can track one down.
I wouldn't give up on eBay, I wouldn't have the collection I do with out it. As much as I scour the internet daily, attend pipe pipe shows and built relationship with other collectors and dealers some of my rarest , most prized pipes have come from ebay. It truly is a 24/7 pipe show. You just have to be picky. :shock:
Yeah, Luca had some not to long ago, I'll email him and see what he might be able to come up with, thank you

What does one do with that little thingamajic, Ron?

Edit: Oh no, why did I say this :oops:

I envy you, I'm jealous! Would love to have one like that

SpeedyPete":ptal96cf said:
Now I don't claim to have all the answers but, I've heard you smoke tobacco in it?

Cartaphilus":r288w1j4 said:
SpeedyPete":r288w1j4 said:
Now I don't claim to have all the answers but, I've heard you smoke tobacco in it?
I'm sorry, Ron.

Should not have said that.

It's one beautiful pipe and I would love to own one like it. Honestly, I do.

I was going to suggest iBriar, but they are sold out! I'll keep an eye out.

riff raff":03pq8fd1 said:
I was going to suggest iBriar, but they are sold out!  I'll keep an eye out.
Thank you sir!

I had two. Sold them both before I moved to Kenya. Highly regret it.

As I'm sure you know, the June Bug was the third limited edition pipes made as a Pease/diPiazza Designs project. Only 100 were made, and they sold out fairly quickly. At this point, you're likely only going to find one on the estate market. I do see them pop up on occasion, but not often. I think Mike Glukler at BriarBlues had one at one point, but it was a while ago.

Good luck in your quest. If I hear of one becoming available, I'll let you know.

I know you said you don't want to hear Ebay, but I just posted two for sale today on that site. Thought I'd let you know.

There ya' go, Ron. Cute little devils. I'd spring for them if I could smoke nosewarmer types; I can't. So it's a grand. Look at what you're getting. What else are you gonna spend a grand on? Fixing the AC on your car or some other pedestrian horsescheiss?

Richard Burley":ne7ktnci said:
There ya' go, Ron. Cute little devils. I'd spring for them if I could smoke nosewarmer types; I can't. So it's a grand. Look at what you're getting. What else are you gonna spend a grand on? Fixing the AC on your car or some other pedestrian horsescheiss?  
Dunno, Richard. I think those June Bugs would be the perfect pipe for smoking in the Brütsch Mopetta pictured in your avatar. At a top speed of 22mph, you wouldn't have to worry too much about burnouts, and at 111mpg, the fuel savings alone would pay for the pipes in no time.

Clearly, though, Luca and I missed the boat. We should have kept a few back. We'll discuss it for the next release.

glpease":fuxo28ei said:
Clearly, though, Luca and I missed the boat. We should have kept a few back. We'll discuss it for the next release.
Whoa! There goes the price on the ones extant. Tsk! Tsk!  ;)

Hmm . . . hope not. That would be a bit misleading toward all those who purchased one thinking it was a limited edition of 100.

It does not appear so. I was selling them as a set, so the buyer had to purchase both. They were for sale on eBay for a week, and I notified the forum via this thread as soon as I listed them. Would've liked to see them go to a brother.