lowest outdoor temp you go?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's my first fall/winter with a pipe and liking the 20F mark as the cut off. But....what do you smoke? In that temp and outside?

yesterday it was 92 degrees here. I will usually not go outside if it is lower than 60 that is too darned cold. And then about three days a years this weird thing happens where stuff falls from the sky, it almost seems like water. Yeah I stay in the house when that happens too

:)

rev

I'm a wuss when it comes to cold temp's. That's why I moved to the desert. 50's are my cut off point. Unless I have a good camp fire going!

This is the kind of Zombie thread I dig...lists and timeless opinions. :lol:

Cold doesn't bother me. Neither does heat. When you're a Nevadan, you either bitch about all of it, all the time, or just stop caring. :lol:

Usually I find myself seeking the higher nic blends, bringing out smaller pipes, and only going for an hour or so...could be as cold as -10°F. Meh. Cold stops being registered as any more uncomfortable when it gets below 20°F anyway, at least to me. Perhaps some -40°F and below temps would correct my notion about that. :lol:

8)

40 degrees (f) with no wind. Since I smoke in my house with a nice central heat system why bother with smoking outside ? :twisted:

To personally address that question, Monbla, because I get quite claustrophobic sometimes, and I like being outside. Especially in the dead of winter. It's that quiet: dead quiet. It's magic. 8)

Kyle Weiss":z27fpeq7 said:
To personally address that question, Monbla, because I get quite claustrophobic sometimes, and I like being outside. Especially in the dead of winter. It's that quiet: dead quiet. It's magic. 8)
Same here. My favorite time of year and nighttime is the best time to be outside. :D

Kyle Weiss":7r6yf0o8 said:
My arthritic knees and ruptured 5th lumbar disc HATE cold :p I'm thinking of moving to Mexico if it gets much colder up here :twisted: :twisted:

Hahaha... Monbla, I destroyed my wrist about 10 years ago, and it gets pretty achy during storms. I just smoke with the left hand. Problem solved. I'd check into Guatemala rather than Mexico, a few folks I know own property down there for dirt cheap, weather is great, people are nice... plus, no tobacco taxes that I know of, and you can smoke anywhere. :lol:

I bought one of those fancy-shmancy fire pits on my deck I'm itching to spark up this winter. I have a nice stack of oak firewood from getting a tree trimmed so I'm set. :D

Hereward":a8j1u75u said:
I bought one of those fancy-shmancy fire pits on my deck I'm itching to spark up this winter. I have a nice stack of oak firewood from getting a tree trimmed so I'm set. :D
I often go to my friend James' place to hang out, smoke, and do the outdoor smoke thing. He has one of those fire pits...they're very cool...er...warm... :scratch: :lol: My apartment complex would be none to happy if I managed to squeeze on on my patio and attempted to use it. Enjoy it.

8)

Funny you should mention Guatemala, I spent some time down in the mountains there back in the '70s when I got back from 'Nam. Was a nice place, poor but nice except for the Sandinista's and CIA back then. Heven't been back since '76 :p

I have one in my back yard, there pretty awesome! We load ours up with mesquite wood though. Crisp nights and no humidity it doesn't get much better.

Alas, no fire pits allowed in my complex. I'll walk on a still day below freezing, but with a strong wind I'll just sit in the car!

I haven't endured a winter as a pipe smoker yet so time will tell when I break and have to retreat back indoors. :D

I smoke in my home (as I am right now).

Smoking seems to lower my body temp, so I can't normally feel comfortable smoking outside.

Unless it's like 80F+.

:|

Cheers,

RR

I spent half a day deer hunting in NW PA when it was -35 degrees F, cold does not bother me.
I did come in for lunch and called it quits for the day though. :lol:

I can and will smoke inside but, in deference to the wife, certain blends are outside only.
She makes consessions for me, and I for her.