MacBaren Symphony

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CipsterX

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of talk about MacBaren blends and how they bite. Thought they do smoke a little hotter then other blends I smoke I do really enjoy them. Just got a tin of Symphony and it's a very good burley.

I have some of this open now as well. A very good burley. Don't pack too tight

And smoke slowly. Those who puff like a freight train just increase their chance of tongue bite. A slower puff rate means a slower burn rate. Once I learned that, I almost never get tongue bite, and taste more of the flavor of the tobacco in my bowl, too.

JimInks":nylxo5y3 said:
And smoke slowly. Those who puff like a freight train just increase their chance of tongue bite. A slower puff rate means a slower burn rate. Once I learned that, I almost never get tongue bite, and taste more of the flavor of the tobacco in my bowl, too.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Slowly smoking any tobacco reduces tongue bite and enhances the smoking experience. Pipe smoking is all about taking time to reflect, meditate, to enjoy the taste of the tobacco, and relish the experience. You can't accomplish this with hurried puffing.  :) 

AJ

ajn27511":qxh3cr2j said:
JimInks":qxh3cr2j said:
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Slowly smoking any tobacco reduces tongue bite and enhances the smoking experience. Pipe smoking is all about taking time to reflect, meditate, to enjoy the taste of the tobacco, and relish the experience. You can't accomplish this with hurried puffing.  :) 

AJ
How very, very true.

I've enjoyed all the MacBaren Tobacco's I have tried. My favorites are the HH Acadian Perique and the Latakia Blend.

Can't say I have ever had an issue with any of them biting me, but everyone's body chemistry is different.