Macqueen Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November":ox3fdp7x said:
I have the Wizard. I haven't smoked it yet..

....Hope to smoke it next week and I'll report back.
Finally got to break in the Wizard tonight. I smoked two bowls back-to-back of a 50/50 blend of Lane 1Q and MCA. The Wizard is a really excellent pipe. With no finesse, I literally crammed the blend into the bowl and fired it up with no problems. No gurgle or anything. The stem remained cool for the entire hour. The bowl got pretty damn hot when I puffed like a locomotive on it, but I expected that as it's a fairly small bowl. There's no question it's my favorite pipe now.

So I got the rolls of pipe cleaner in yesterday. Surprised at how much space the things take up since they're the same as a pack of fifty 12" cleaners...but they do...a lot more. And if you count shipping in the cost (even if you don't) thry're damn expensive! But the benefit of cutting a 16" piece for your Churchwarden makes them a logical investment in clean smoking.

I came early from work early today sick with a sore throat, head cold etc. My wife comes home on lunch and hands me a box. Lo and behold she bought me the white wizard! Even feeling like crap, I loaded it with Larrys Blend and lit up. Cool smoke, no gurgling, great smoke. I feel 3 times better already!

The Wizard arrived yesterday...briar bowl, offset drill on the bowl's smoke hole, no perceived issues with stains or finishes, stem smooth and intact, nice center bore down the bowl, well packed and on time...in other words...everything I had dreamed of, and more. Can hardly wait to try 'er out!