Makes me MAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtarheel

Reaction score
Trying to win a pre-republic Peterson on Ebay and lost track of time. Missed the end of the auction. Got my wife to kick me in the behind. Makes me MAD :x

You get my respect for not employing a sniping service or program. I'm fine with getting outbid in the final 3 seconds by a live human being tapping away at their keyboard with a beaded, tense brow, but the sniping services make me MAD.

Done that a few times, and the final bid was well below what I was willing to max out at. :evil:

Just tried to get a pipe the other day (on my phone on the highway - no other cars around and straight road) Someone else really wanted it, out bid me with a giant increase (because I tried the same thing despite my limited funds) but not by the same amount. Like Zeno, the fact that it was a real person is the only reason I am not upset about losing the pipe.

Though, I really wanted that pipe.

Dang it.

Ebay losing and ass kicking, we won't judge. What ever blows your skirt up.

I didn't even know you could get sniping services. That's pretty weak. Sorry you missed out on your pipe bud.

Its those private guys that make me mad! The same item will be back on ebay later at a higher price or on someones shelf in some store somewhere.

i.keenum":5rlm2mao said:
Done that a few times, and the final bid was well below what I was willing to max out at. :evil:
thats the secret though. you put your maximum bid in at the last second. if it is above the next highest bidder it will just outbid them by the smallest amount possible. If you put your max bid at $50 and the next highest bidder had his max at $30, you wont have to pay the $50 you bid, just a bit more than the $30 that he bid.

Meant or not our. I need not post from a celluar device but its so damn alluring to make myself sound like snookie. :evil:

I'm probably going to kick myself for this, as I want it, but here you go.

Peterson’s KAPET “MADE IN IRELAND” Made 1947-49
Nicely Grained- Good Shape

Here’s an early Peterson’s KAPET pipe from the pre-Republic period of Ireland, made 1947-49 era. The MADE IN IRELAND in a single line stamping is distinctive for this early period making this a bit of a rarity. The overall condition is quite good with just the slightest wear showing, just slight tooth impressions on the stem. The stamping on the left is quite thin, and the right side is sharp. Grain is fine and attractive, in a medium size full bent.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Petersons-KAPET-MADE-IRELAND-Made-1947-49-/221109686884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337b2a1264&autorefresh=true#ht_3682wt_1273

if it turns out you want it more than I, then say so and I'll stop bidding. right now my max is set for 16.50, but I was willing to go to about 45. I don't see a need to drive the price up bidding against each other.

Being a Pre-Republic Pete and over 5 days to go, I would imagine it will go OVER $45.00 :lol: Pre-Republic Pete's are much wanted pipes and that one looks to be a nice one ! Good luck :p

monbla256":ehqo5mdo said:
Being a Pre-Republic Pete and over 5 days to go, I would imagine it will go OVER $45.00 :lol: Pre-Republic Pete's are much wanted pipes and that one looks to be a nice one ! Good luck :p
aha, yeah, I did figure that, but I have three other auctions on the go, and two of them I *really* want, so the pete was an after thought. If I'm financially able to go higher, there is a chance I will, but I set a low ball cap for myself because I do intend to go high on other pipes.
Work has been fairly slow recently, and I don't want to comprise my tobacco funds in my budget by over spending on the pipes.
(I'm forced to pay $30+ for a 50gram tin of Erinmore Flake, which is listed on many e-tailers sites for $6-7, which is a real kick in the rear.)

alright, I shall.
I'm hoping work picks up between now and the end of the auction so I can go as high as needed to obtain that one.
I'll keep my eyes open for a bulldog for you though.