Making of the Monster - Kaiser83's Group 747 Magnum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's huge. The chamber is 2 1/2" deep or more, by 7/8" at the bottom, and more like an inch at the top. I don't know what it weighs... probably a 1/2 pound or so.

It was just fun to email a briar cutter and say "I want to build a pipe the size of a big man's fist, go find a block".

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't big enough, looks like a "nancy" pipe to me!!!! :p

Nancy pipe... hahahah. Right. Sasquatch has pretty big hands by my reckon, too--so that thing truly is a beast. I'm partial to stouter pipes having a rusticated finish myself--good choice.

You know, it's worth mentioning an old saw about "...it ain't how bit it is, it's how you use it..." My Embarcadero pipe's tobacco chamber would barely go past the first knuckle on a little finger--but I've had epic smokes out of this thing (with 'Barc) that has lasted almost three hours. However, if you want to smoke a tin at a time, I guarantee you'll get to "know" a tobacco very well indeed. :lol:

8)

Great thread!
I love seeing the fruits of a customer/ craftsman (engineer)
collaboration.

In South Africa, I won't be allowed to carry a pipe like that. It will be classified as a dangerous weapon by our paranoic government on sight.

But I would still love to own one in secret to show off at our pipeclub meetings.

How much tobacco is necessary to fill the bowl and what is the timespan to empty it again, smoke wise?

That's huge and gorgeous! I, for one, love the look of a rusticated piece of briar on a stem! Happy smoking with that bad boy.

Whoa!! You'll need a neck brace to smoke that thing!! Nice work Sas!!

I love seeing the fruits of a customer/ craftsman (engineer)
:lol!:

Thats right! Be careful about calling these pipe engineers "craftsmen". They sure are a sensitive group.

Yeah geez we don't want Rad to get all snitty again, do we??? :lol:

Sasquatch":7urd3cet said:
I'm an engineer! Toot! Toot! Choo Choo! Cickety clack, Cickety clack, Cickety clack, Cickety clack.

Rad

Rad Davis":udg1f9pf said:
Sasquatch":udg1f9pf said:
I'm an engineer! Toot! Toot! Choo Choo! Cickety clack, Cickety clack, Cickety clack, Cickety clack.

Rad
Too funny... :lol!:

Awesome! Really liked the 'work in progress' pics. Just need a brace from the bowl of the pipe down to the chest to properly distribute the weight. I imagine if you tried to clench that for any time you would need a chiropractor..

Yeah, adjustment yes, but as long as I've known him here he's been dangling it from his mouth. . .

You can smoke a bowl of Cherry Blend and use the wet dottle to sweeten your Rice Crispies in the morning. :D

Kim