Man Fire Nation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christeaux

Reaction score
In my job one thing that I have learned to appreciate is a good scented candle, they have saved me on several inspections because if it smells clean it must be clean. Well anyway before today I had been disappointed because they always seemed to be designed with women in mind. But now I have found these candles and I have to say, it is about time. I am particularly interested in the rawhide, granddad's study, and the firepit, I cant wait to try them out so my house will no longer have to smell like "ocean breeze". What kind of stupid scent it that any way, the real ocean smells terrible, and I hate the ocean and the beach, but that is what I get for letting my wife choose. Anyway in my opinion these are definitely worth checking out.

http://www.manfirenation.com/candles.html

Edit:On a side note, I just read over the site, and I have to say I like there thinking, if every man held himself to those kinds of standards this world would be a much better place.

I hate scented crap of almost any kind. Even "guy" scented stuff has weird names and obviously smells like what women would like men to smell like, rather than what men would like to smell like--if that makes sense.

This stuff, however, piqued my interest. Which candle did you use, or which have you tried?

Kyle Weiss":h2sbqqpu said:
I hate scented crap of almost any kind. Even "guy" scented stuff has weird names and obviously smells like what women would like men to smell like, rather than what men would like to smell like--if that makes sense.

This stuff, however, piqued my interest. Which candle did you use, or which have you tried?
"Grand Dad's Study" sound very interesting.

MartinH":sm1kejnw said:
Kyle Weiss":sm1kejnw said:

"Grand Dad's Study" sound very interesting.
As did "Good Book," and "Rawhide." Thinking about my father's birthday, honestly. Sometimes he gets a little too gourmet in the kitchen and then invites a lady over for dinner--it'd be nice to not have the house reeking of braised salmon or something... :lol:

If he did it right it will end up smelling like that later anyway.

Wouldn't put it past him. :lol: Some jokes at his expense if the "Rawhide" graces him this birthday. :twisted:

Kyle Weiss":9ltol5jd said:
Unfortunately none yet, they haven't come in yet. I say they are worth a try because as far as I know this has never been done, and like I said I hate ocean breeze, but I will definitely post as soon as they come in.

When are they coming out with, gun oil, 2x4 pine, burnt motor oil, goodyear tire burn out. YEH MAN!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Gun oil is where it's at, man. I know several women who are turned on by the scent of Hoppe's Number 9, or whatever it's called. One even wants a perfume that smells that way. I prefer Chanel No. 5 or L'eau D'Issey Miyaka on people of the female persuasion. Difficult to imagine rarin' up on someone who smells like Hoppes, but it may well make an interesting candle.

puros_bran":srmxihlz said:
I got it PB....why is no one else's mind in the gutter? You would think with a whole forum of just dudes.......

Boxerbuddy":svqp2eab said:
puros_bran":svqp2eab said:
I got it PB....why is no one else's mind in the gutter? You would think with a whole forum of just dudes.......
I just didn't want to encourage him. :p

plumbernater":psxk5hte said:
When are they coming out with, gun oil, 2x4 pine, burnt motor oil, goodyear tire burn out. YEH MAN!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
How 'bout New Car, Fresh Killed Deer, Slow-Cooked Brisket, or Napalm in the Morning?

Richard Burley":bo932evv said:
Gun oil is where it's at, man. I know several women who are turned on by the scent of Hoppe's Number 9, or whatever it's called. One even wants a perfume that smells that way. I prefer Chanel No. 5 or L'eau D'Issey Miyaka on people of the female persuasion. Difficult to imagine rarin' up on someone who smells like Hoppes, but it may well make an interesting candle.
Are you kidding me, I wear gun oil cologne most days, I call it l'eau de'clp. All the fashionable men are wearing it, and the best part is that once you apply it a couple of times the smell will never come out of your clothes. Which of course is great because it saves you money.