March Mordor Madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipped and Tracking:

March Mordor Madness Mission Minions

1. Blackhorse - Commander (shipped 3/18)
2. Brewdude - Executive Officer * / ** (shipped 3/23)
3. SourMilk * / **
4. Stick * / **
5. D.L.Ruth * / **
6. Fr_Tom * / ** (shipped 3/19)
7. BriarBeagle * / ** (shipped 3/20)
8. GeoffC * / ** (shipped 3/20)
9. eggman * / **
10. peanubutter * / ** (shipped 3/21)
11. Timbo * / ** (shipped 3/20)
12. Grampa Grossbart * / **

Orders Sent to Pilot: *
Reports Orders RC’VD: **

Blackhorse":5n8oi4fa said:
Emergency Alert

To all pilots flying in the March Mission

Change of Orders...

Well, we lost Stick for this mission since he’s subject to a home quarantine thing. He can’t get to his post office.

Earlier I posted the question: do you think that waiting a week to launch will close down your ability to access shipping? Etc.  I’ve been waiting for some hopefully sane responses.  Nuthin’ so far.  But I’ve been pondering and weighing pros and cons.

It would not surprise me if the feds closed the post offices or severely restricted access in some way and/or told us we had to stay home, period.  Heck, our state government might do the latter on its own...like New York City has already done.  And the way things are ramping up right now this could literally happen in a matter of days.

So...I’m giving all you gents the “launch codes” right now for an immediate launch...or an ASAP Launch, etc.  This is entirely based on the belief that if we don’t go ASAP...we might not be able to go at all.  And your combined ordinance striking over a period of days will be certain to have a devastating effect.

So as of tonight you all are authorized for launch as soon as you’re put together and can go.  Good luck to all of you.  As always...tracking data to me via PM.
Good call, Boss!

Go get 'em chaps! I'll be scrambling just as soon as I can...

Good call. I've been wondering about the postal situation for a couple of days. My mutations are supposed to arrive tomorrow. So I will quickly get it together, and flight plans will be sent to the high command as soon as this bird has flown.

Items loaded and ready for the journey. Hope the horse is fast enough over the mountainous terrain. And doesn't fall in to enemy hands.

Timbo":qygg0gmy said:
We are in the air. Estimated time to target is Monday, fingers crossed.

I hope you get well soon Stick.
All good here, thanks Timbo. Just still in isolation!

Okay...here we go.  Shelter in Place order issued for the whole state of California.  That’s a biggie.

Glad I jumped on this when I did. There’s mumblings around here of doing the same thing in Oregon.  Oh my.

Wow! Good ol’ proactive BH...

The State of Oregon will soon go to a “Stay at Home” rule...just announced by the Governor. No groups. Stay home unless critically necessary and then obey the 6’ of distance rule. They’re working on specific language now and the formal announcement will be made soon.

Glad I got my package off when I did.

—————————

Just another little piece of proactive policy:

After dialog between our XO and myself...we agree that this will be the last mission until such time that normal public conditions return. This decision has been made to mitigate the cost of participation in times of possible significant financial stress (if that is the case) for members. Also, it allows us to be partner to endorsing behaviors that may be life saving to yourselves and to your fellow citizens. This means not going to the Post Office, standing in lines, etc., etc., etc. Those two certainly are sufficient in and of themselves to dictate a pause. But in addition it just seems like the right thing to do. So...we’re gonna do it. It might be for a few months, the end of Summer...who knows. I think the time will make itself known.

Til then, thanks to one and all of you for this mission and those in the past. You cannot possibly know the joy and hope (and yes...the incredible amount of tobacco) you have given to your brothers. You’re the good guys.