Mars Cigars & Pipes - experiences?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Rutt is top shelf and been in the business for a long time now!

Mike is a great guy to do business with! His prices on McClelland bulks are great

The description of Mike Rutt as the only guy that processes an order rings true.

I've been ordering from him for 7 years and have never had a problem. He doesn't substitute, change prices from the time you order to the time he ships, or any other nefarious trick.

I've always gotten superb service. Couldn't recommend him more except that smokingpipes.com usually offers a better price. It wasn't always that way, but about six months ago he raised his prices somewhat.

His site also has a software mechanism in place that keeps count on availability; so if you order from him and don't get the message "quantity order exceeds inventory," or something to that effect, you can be sure that he has in stock the quantity you ordered.

He also offers GH Dark Plug, perhaps the only vendor in the States that can get it, but it is a will-o-the-wisp tobacco, making only brief appearances.

Mike Rutt and marscigars.com is great!

He threw in a little extra on a recent bulk tobacco order - I appreciated it!

I've had nothing but good experiences with Marscigars.com. Mike is one of four I still use. The others are 4noggins.com, smokingpipes.com and Outwesttobacco.com. Gene at Outwesttobacco.com is great.

Mike Rutt (Mars Cigars) is a First Class operation.

REALLY knows his tobacco.

:face:

Does BoB happen to receive a discount coupon code for Mars?

Have also done business with Mike at Mars for years with never a less than great experience. He offers about the best prices anywhere on many items...always fair & does not gouge. Plus, I just love sayin’ I get my tobacco from Mars.

I don’t know if he does a member discount. I don’t use those anyway. I think that guys literally struggling to keep a small business afloat deserve their stated price. This ain’t the Grand Bazar in Merikesh.

I hear you. I snoozed. I lost. They was gone gone gone by the time I checked out.

I used to use Mars before I ever heard of Sp or PC or 4noggins. Always a pleasure doing business with them. Most of the first flakes I ever tried came from them.

Mike is great to deal with. Another great place is WVA Smoke shop. But as I understand they are going out of business, I think in July. Very sad news.

John