Massive undertaking, would like input

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemme know if you need any graphic work, I've done UI stuff from time to time.

somedumbjerk":h7jz8lpq said:
i like this idea. personally i would like a tobacco database with reviews and an ability to easily log what you smoked, in what and what you thought.
I second this

So, thus far, general consensus is -

Make a db and UI for reviews

Make the thing accessible on both mobile and not so mobile platforms

have it "narrow and deep" for now.

Anything else anyone can think of? :)

a conceptual theory hinted at here that makes this job very hard: The difference between individual pipes, even made in the same shape, is based more upon the unique material to that pipe than the shape of the outside of the bowl. On the tobacco side, crops change year to year, as do the blenders; think of the old adage about buying a car that was made on a Wednesday. Variable after variable makes a mountain out of this molehill. I like the idea, but my need for the job to be completable would drive me crazy in this endeavor.

To turn this bit of negativity into a positive suggestion (which was always my intent), Might I suggest dynamic consideration for this kind of variable?

jefe1037":tomnwsf9 said:
a conceptual theory hinted at here that makes this job very hard: The difference between individual pipes, even made in the same shape, is based more upon the unique material to that pipe than the shape of the outside of the bowl. On the tobacco side, crops change year to year, as do the blenders; think of the old adage about buying a car that was made on a Wednesday. Variable after variable makes a mountain out of this molehill. I like the idea, but my need for the job to be completable would drive me crazy in this endeavor.

To turn this bit of negativity into a positive suggestion (which was always my intent), Might I suggest dynamic consideration for this kind of variable?
Agreed. Yes, I believe dynamic consideration would be the best route, thank you for pointing that out! :D

Lesath":t6cpzntx said:
Another consideration is to use several groups of us as testers to put it through its paces.  Maybe do the first version, let some of us play with it, do a revision and let some fresh guinea pigs play with it.  That might save some teething pains for the big rollout.
Sounds like a plan! I need beta testers anyways. ;)