May Bombing Mission - YES, you May!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
It's a ''Do It Yourself mission''.

A TRIO of Squadron Pilots will be designated as Co-Commanders...and they will work together to set up and complete the mission from cool theme to target selection to sign up to generating orders to collecting DC numbers to enjoying that satisfied glow after the mission (or is that the glow from the target's bunker).

Yes, the three co-commanders need to volunteer. If you want to do this on a regular basis please PM me. Tell me why you want to do this and why you would be a good choice. Simple.

Cause I'm outta here gents! On to new things (sure as significantly increased levels of self indulgence). It just seems like after a year of dragging you lot through the muck and mire, whining and sniveling all the while (that's me, not you guys) that it's time.

I'm in......hahahahahahahaaaa finally I get to be first!! Can't commit to being in a position of command at the moment....but maybe down the line.

Don't have the chops to lead but I'm in for another round.

Colonel Blackhorse got promoted to General! :cheers:
I could maybe step up in July. If three stooges Lt. Colonels were running the show, I guess that would make me number three. I haven't had a lot of time to hang around here lately, but that could be changing soon. Give me a few days to give a definite yes or no.

Well ladies and gentlemen - I hate to do it, but I have to sit out the next couple of missions.

I've been on every mission since the beginning, but I have a graduation coming up, home repairs to complete, etc, etc, etc...

I hope to jump back on the missions before the summer is over.

Thank you to BH for making his idea into reality and taking the lead on such an endeavor.

Keep the tradition proud folks!!!!

All the best,

Mo :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

From the prior mission thread :

I'm wanting to do some other things here and elsewhere and believe I've done my duty. I also believe that we have sufficient interest and guys with the right mix of motivation and skills tempered by the right kind of perspective to not only keep this working effectively but perhaps move it to the next level. I've accomplished what I set out to do and think that some new blood will improve things.

So I was thinking that if three well seasoned members collaborated to do May, that would start a process by which the group could decide on how to proceed. But it doesn't have to be done that way. It boils down to what will work the best. It's not for me to dictate some design, it's for you guys to step up and speak out and 'git'r done'.

And by the way, again, I'm in for flying in May. Lookin' forward to being 'one of the guys'.

I'm in for bombing, but don't think I'm cut out for command. Having to spend too much time offline in the coming months to be worth a toot. But looking forward to seeing how it comes together, and thanks for running the show so long, BH!

I could be up for co-command if there were others to coordinate with and if you all thought I was fit for the job.

All that to say, I do a fair job of coordinating if the other two want to do a fair job of rallying and theme setting.

As for BH:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thkPvRLr0UQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gravel":n5y2gtes said:
I could be up for co-command if there were others to coordinate with and if you all thought I was fit for the job.

All that to say, I do a fair job of coordinating if the other two want to do a fair job of rallying and theme setting.

As for BH:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thkPvRLr0UQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gravel's definitely fit, in every sense of the word. I'm guessing pilates...But for serious, he's got experience running these things, and is a boss in general.

gravel":nuwz960b said:

As for BH:

Thought of this instantly...you beat me to it.

As for May, I'm in (flying).

The 'Old Man' eh?

See, the only problem I have with that is being stuck at the Inn way out in the Vermont hills, rockin' out...on the porch. All alone...except for the 'grand daughter'. Sorta like a 'niece'...just practicing her ballet exercises...lookin' a whole lot more like 'Hey 19' than some gangly little kid from the 40's. And those long cold winters. Help!

Yeah, I'd pretty much bet the farm that I'd be on some offender or predator list after one or two snowbound winters in THAT situation. I'd be going at that locked door with my big fireman's ax, stickin' my big grin through and yelling, '' Here's Johnny!''

Say...I wonder if anyone has thought of a remake of 'The Shining' as a 40's era musical!

See? I really do need a vacation!

In as usual.

Sad to see you go commander :( , I wouldn't want the stress of corralling this rag tag bunch of bandits either.
Going to be tough to fill your big old clown shoes :lol:

Blackhorse":9og3dro9 said:
So I was thinking that if three well seasoned members collaborated to do May, that would start a process by which the group could decide on how to proceed.
I guess I misunderstood that the first time around. I thought you were looking for 3 guys to rotate the command on a monthly basis. (Still not a bad idea.) The more I thought about it' the more I really wanted July for my own nefarious reasons. :twisted:
May is kinda tight for me. I won't be around at all this weekend, but if you need me for anything mid-mission, like receiving tracking numbers, I'd love to help out.

Reminds me of the time I was ringmaster at Dr. Farkle's Extravaganza of Extraordinarily Evil Performing Feral Cats. Went through a lot of Merthiolate on that gig, I can tell you that much.

Kaplan, if there were three guys to divide up who does what, how could that NOT work. And the rest of it including your July fetishes you could sort out pretty easily it would seem. I guess this is a totally classic example of why I thought a three-some would be required to hold up what I'VE been doing. Honestly, it just isn't that much! If I spent a couple of hours a week takin' care of business that would do it. If someone hasn't got that much time then they should be smokin' cigars! :tongue:

Okay. As my last official act as Commander I'm going to name the following as Co-Commanders of the BoB Bombing Squadron Reduction...

Position 1. Ocelot
Position 2. Gravel
Position 3. George Kaplan (after May 6th)

(Names listed in the order of their response)

I would strongly recommend that you get your corporate heads together and decide who's gonna play chief nursemai...er, I mean 'main contact' for all and sundry. I'll meld the various address lists that I have and boilerplate copies of some of the other docs I've used. If you want 'em, fine. If not, trash 'em. I suggest exchanging regular email addresses as well...and either making hard divisions re who does what or figuring a way so that what one of you does or says in the name of Commander, the other two are apprised of in a timely manner.

So...you need to decide on a target (I've got a list of past targets for you as well)...start getting your pilot roster in order...decide on a bombing date...and that should get you going. Of course, that's just what I would have done. You may have other muses to follow...so have fun with it. And make sure that the other pilots (and I) have fun too.

Anyway, instead of doing some lame so long and thanks for all the fish thing. I'll just let you know that I'll be 'out of touch' for a bit. I've arranged a two week leave for myself and that pretty little Miss, er...Private Jennings from over at the WAC secretarial pool. We're heading off for Northern California...wine country, the redwoods, maybe a lake with a trim little sailboat...some fishing, a candlelight dinner...

8) It's been my very great honor and pleasure to have served with you as Commander. I could not have asked for a finer group of officers, as there is none. Keep your engines hot and your bombs hotter...and look for me 'up there' cause I might just be your wingman.

My warmest and most sincere regards,

Col. Blackhorse, Commander, 1st Squadron, BoB Bombers, Ret.

And goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

Congrats on your retirement and your upcoming trip sounds like a nice relaxing time you deserve it,
thank you for all of the fun I had on the last couple of missions I was involved in.

I always said tobacco is for sharing, but force sharing (bombing) is even more fun!

Not sure what your rules or regs are but i'm in for bombing if you'll have me.