McClelland Deep Hollow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLRV

Reaction score
Brothers-

I received a tin of Deep Hollow yesterday as part of my monthly TAD. I can't really decide whether or not I like it. It's almost an aromatic (vanilla and maybe figs), but seems more like a mishmash VA.

It's a far cry from my normal tobacco, but it's perfectly pleasant in its own way. No bite, smooth smoke, burns well. Seems like the room note is less repellant for non-smokers.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the wow factor yet, if there even is one.

I'd love to read others thoughts on the blend; up to and including comparable blends or suggestions.

Best-
Charlie

I loved it back in the late 90s, but then lost my taste for it. Fortunately, I stashed away several tins and just this past month I cracked one from '00. Very nice indeed. I happen to rather like vanilla both in flavoring and scent, so the mild vanilla background I get with it is quite nice.

Natch

Well, I've been smoking this pretty constantly for the past few days. I like it more and more as each bowl progresses. Maybe I'm just getting used to the tobacco, maybe I finally found a pipe that sings with it (sav clone, prince shape, beater pipe but smokes well).

I do the clench a lot of my smoking, and tend to smoke when I'm focused on other stuff. This deep hollow seems to take well to that. You know you're smoking, but it doesn't take a lot of focus to enjoy it. Almost like cicadas in the background.

Also, with it pushing 90 here in Tulsa these days, I finally see what folks were talking about with the heavy english blends and summer; they aren't mixing psychologically. Whereas a light vanilla VA mixture... yeah, it's kinda nice.

In any case, my thoughts as time is progressing.