Meerschaum Falcon Bowls?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumsAndBeer

Reaction score
A while back there was a thread about someone who makes meerschaum bowls for Falcons. Does anyone recall where they can be purchased?

Thank you..

There are a couple of sources on ebay, from Turkey. I had reservations about it being a hassle ordering from there, but it isn't. They get sent by registered mail and arrive in a week or ten days with no problem, other than having to sign for the package when it arrives.

The ones by Ozgur, or whatever his name is, come with a special cork thingy at the base that replaces actual threads. It's self-threading. He says that meerschaum is fragile, regular threads won't last, but his will. If you want a larger bowl than normal--which to me are way too small, I found out the hard way--contact him directly and he'll make one to order. At least that's what he told me. He's quite English-literate.

Thanks for the info.

& 4noggins, I swear to you those were not on his site a few weeks ago. :fpalm:

Anyway, I have really hit my stride with my Falcons. I used to not care much for them & like Rick said, I too found the bowls too small. But lately I have been pressed for time, even on the weekends. So my two Falcons have been getting a lot of use lately. Packed right, and they make for a good 20-25 minute smoke with very little tobacco wasted.

Thought it was high time I looked for a few more bowls and perhaps another stem.

Call Rich from 4Noggins and purchase directly and skip eBay. His prices on Meer bowls for the Falcon pipes are very reasonable. Also a pleasure to do business with. He will be closed from August 4th to the 11th.
You need at least one Meer for your Falcon, you won't be disappointed.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yah, I don't have a meer bowl for my Falcons. Haven't seen one that I really liked, other than Blackhorse and Warlockbob's. My Falcons work hard, and I worry about getting them grubby. I get the idea of the bowls being small, but I rarely have time to sit and focus on a pipe for more than a half hour, so they suit me....

Those Askwith bowls are really nice. Would be great to have a morta bowl as well.

DrumsAndBeer":5d69ueay said:
Those Askwith bowls are really nice. Would be great to have a morta bowl as well.
Get in touch with Don Warren directly. He can make a Morta bowl to your liking. If you would like his email address let me know and I will send you a PM.
Don is making me a Morta bowl for my Kirsten. I own a Morta poker pipe which he made to my specifications. Extremely pleased and a real nice guy!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I bought a couple Here . Good number of bowls in stock, correct threading, good quality and price, quick shipping. They list the chamber dimensions too.

Puff Daddy":7fb0plor said:
I bought a couple Here . Good number of bowls in stock, correct threading, good quality and price, quick shipping. They list the chamber dimensions too.
Winner! I just ordered one from here. Thanks, PD.

RB
Now all you need is a Morta bowl and your set. The Kirsten I received last week is an excellent smoker. With the " GET BENT " system it smokes like a reverse Calabash.

When you receive your Meer bowl post a few pictures with the Falcon.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Puff Daddy":ptzrm3rr said:
Wow, thanks PD. I do believe that was the site that I remember seeing them on back when this subject came up in an old thread a few years ago. I remember the prices being very reasonable. These definitely are.

:fpalm:

You guys are a bad influence, y'know?

When my August pension comes in I'm on it! :cheers:

This thread has me seriously thinking about buying a Falcon -- I like small bowls given my limited time. I'm probably going to start with a briar bowl but a meerschaum bowl might be something to consider in the future.

Adam
This is a perfect pipe for your situation, not having allot of time. But depending how you pack the bowls, most bowls will give you a good 30 minute smoke. Plus you have the option too carry a few different type bowls for different blends that don't take up much room in your everyday briefcase. When you use a Morta bowl, that bowl may be used two or three times a day. I still enjoy my Falcons, old and new version.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

If you're going to be knocking about with your Falcon, get the cheap bowls first. They smoke fine, and you can get used to the threading/unthreading action down. I still hesitate with getting a meer bowl because of the glued on nylon threads. It is recommended to not unscrew the bowl until cooled, and I like to be able to "hot swap" so I can blow out the moisture in the cup if need be.

Not to push a promo, but this might be a good place to check out:

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/falcon-weekender-gift-set/

This set up comes and goes, but returns pretty frequently. I'm not sure of the tobacco it comes with, but I'm sure someone out there might like it....

I owned 2 Peterson Meerschaum pipes many years ago. As far as I can remember, they were excellent smokers.

At present I don't have a meerschaum and, like any true "collector" , I need one :oops:

I've been watching the Falcon meerschaum bowls for a while now. Finally made up my mind to rather buy a true meerschaum pipe.

I've also commissioned a morta bulldog which I will, hopefully, receive within 4 weeks.

I purchased an all-meer Falcon bowl from tobaccopipes.com when the '16 Falcon POTY was afoot. Looking at their site now they don't offer all-meer bowls, rather just meer-lined. Not that's that a bad thing.

However, while viewing that site now produces an unwanted pop-up I can't seem to get rid of. And one in which prevents me from viewing their site. So they are no longer are a viable source for anything. Why these e-tailers do this is beyond my understanding!  :no:

Cheers,

RR