Meerschaum Falcon Bowls?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":q57c84pi said:
I purchased an all-meer Falcon bowl from tobaccopipes.com when the '16 Falcon POTY was afoot. Looking at their site now they don't offer all-meer bowls, rather just meer-lined. Not that's that a bad thing.

However, while viewing that site now produces an unwanted pop-up I can't seem to get rid of. And one in which prevents me from viewing their site. So they are no longer are a viable source for anything. Why these e-tailers do this is beyond my understanding!  :no:

Cheers,

RR
I believe they were bought out last year by the group that includes Cigar International (I think that was who); if so, the domain name was up for grabs

Brewdude ":8vi2oy2f said:
However, while viewing that site now produces an unwanted pop-up I can't seem to get rid of. And one in which prevents me from viewing their site. So they are no longer are a viable source for anything. Why these e-tailers do this is beyond my understanding!
I just now checked on the website with no pop up's, other then join their VIP list. Did you use a PC or mobile device when you did your search? If it was a PC run your anti-virus or malware software. Common issue with a PC, called a background Trojan Horse. Also use pop-up blocker with your PC.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":r93v31jm said:
Brewdude":r93v31jm said:
However, while viewing that site now produces an unwanted pop-up I can't seem to get rid of. And one in which prevents me from viewing their site. So they are no longer are a viable source for anything. Why these e-tailers do this is beyond my understanding!  
I just now checked on the website with no pop up's, other then join their VIP list. Did you use a PC or mobile device when you did your search? If it was a PC run your anti-virus or malware software. Common issue with a PC, called a background Trojan Horse. Also use pop-up blocker with your PC.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Ted, there was a pop-up that invited me to join their mailing list. There was no "x" to make it go away and it occluded much of the lower screen, which made viewing the items problematic.

I do have a pop-up blocker installed, as well as another program that should have disabled this. And other than this site they've been effective. So I'll be steering clear of them from here on.

I only use a pc.

Cheers,

RR

OW is correct

Might have been a one time issue. When you have a chance try going to the website again. I've checked it 3 times today and the " X " was there to click off. Sometimes they run great sales. However if/when I check and International Cigars now has something to do with tobaccopipes I would no longer do business with them in the future.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

CI bought up a couple of places I think. But regardless, why would you stop buying from TPs if they were? Something I should know? Anthrax in the tobacco?

My last two orders over 2 years ago I was double billed. After many phone calls to customer " SERVICE " I was getting nowhere. After almost 3 months CI straightened out the problem only because my bank got involved. Plus the cigars and most of the tobacco's I received were on the dry side. One box of cigars was so dry more than half the wrapper was was unwrapping from the binder. Have not done business with CI directly since. But I will say I've never had any issues with tobaccopipes. Excellent shipping & packing and superior customer service.
A friend owns 2 B&M's on Long Island and has had many issues in the past 3 years, so bad he no longer does business with them.

Take a look when you have time:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Cigars_International

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":ogb8k8j7 said:
RB...When you receive your Meer bowl post a few pictures with the Falcon.
Well, OK, since you axed. Ya' know, I always wanted to be like Blackhorse when I grew up, so I thought a good start would be to copy a pipe of his that I admired. Not too original on my part, I'll admit, but one is grateful just to stand in the shadow here of "the glass of fashion and the mould of form." Pardon the glaring whiteness--a combination of incompetence and a cheap Kodak camera. (Hey, I definitely recommend the seller that PD suggested above, for those interested in blowing a few bucks.)

RB

Really nice looking Meer bowl. I like the shape along with the smooth finish, flows right into the smooth white stem!! Enjoy for many happy and healthy years to come :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!