Missed you guys

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
Hello there,

I can't go a week without thinking about one of you or all of you and so I thought I'd make an effort to pop in and be a part of the community once more.

Things are well in my neck of the woods. I switched jobs in July and I am now a faculty assistant in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology department. I abso-freaking-love it! I work with 4 fantastic Principle Investigators in a truly wonderful work environment.

Andy and I are well, some of us more than the other. I've put on 15 pounds since I began dating him two years ago and I'd like to get it back off. I told him he needs to be mean to me more often. ;)

My kiddos are all well, the oldest is kicking butt and taking names in college. The two young boys keep me in interesting stories to stow away for future blackmail and embarrassment.

A few rough patches this past year, as to be expected, but hey, that's life. Generally I'm happy. Missed you all and this marvelous community.

Brewdude":n857u704 said:
I've wondered what became of you babe. Glad to know you're still swinging. Stop by more often, won'tcha?

Cheers,

RR
Aye, sir. Will do.

Very good to see your post BB, I'd wondered where you might be.

Thanks for the update, it sounds like a pretty cool job now.

:cheers:

Good to hear from you BB. Like Brew said, don't be a stranger! :D

Whoa! We must be in Penzance!
danse1_zpseuumlol0.gif

Blackhorse":3vlxzoda said:
Whoa! We must be in Penzance!
danse1_zpseuumlol0.gif
Nope - other side of the Tamar :)
I may be a pirate but I'm no smuggler  :evil: - even Pirates have standards 

mgtarheel":73jd7z9u said:
Been keeping up with you on your blog.  Liked your last post "Grave Digger".  Keep on writing! :cheers:
Aww thanks, it was inspired by one of the PI's I work with and a conversation we had. He read it and said, "God that's depressing, I hope our conversation wasn't that sad." LOL. It was odd more than anything. Got the 'ol gears turning towards dreams I had in the past and how I have made changes in my personal life over the past two years which now place me firmly in a position to actually pursue a few of them. It feels awkward to be able to do something for me when I've spent all of my adult life putting myself last.

ftrplt":82zjmust said:
Miz Babe, Welcome back!! You still around the Chambersburg, PA area or did you move? :cheers: FTRPLT
Actually, I am now in the State College area. I do miss being so damn close to Boswell's, but my bank account is grateful. My kids live in Chambersburg with their dad though so I make it back enough. ;)

Blackhorse":xkms1fge said:
And just where have you been young lady?

You don't write,  you don't call...

is this the way you treat the ones who love you?

Don't you ever let this happen again.
::sniff, sniff:: I'm sorry, I, I, I've been out rabble rousing and misbehaving, being very un-lady like. You know me.

Yay! Cheeseburgers! Can I get some bacon with that? And a good stout too.