Modded MM Cob Nosewarmer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ajn27511":ueu3o853 said:
I like the looks of that one too but for my own use I prefer the straight stem.:) Have you smoked either one since the modification?

AJ
I have smoked my favorite english in all 3 I've done this to, and they all smoke wonderfully. When their new, thicker and wider, stems come in, they'll be MUCH more comfortable.

I have a straight bit coming for the small one and it will also go in my Kolonel MM cob when it arrives and I trim it up.

Cool. I was wondering if they seemed to smoke a little hotter with the shortened shank. Be sure to post pics when you get the new stems.:) 

AJ

ajn27511":p91sj26v said:
Cool. I was wondering if they seemed to smoke a little hotter with the shortened shank. Be sure to post pics when you get the new stems.:) 

AJ
I'm smoking my Ashton CG in the small one and I'm literally TRYING to get it to smoke hot and it's doing nothing. Smokes pretty darned cool and I smoke like a freight train on the reg. 8) 

Try it yourself, you won't be disappointed sir. :twisted: 

Draagha":olahgz5u said:
Dutch - If you could, a picture of what that looks like would be great for me, as I'm a visual learner and I have a hard time picturing things such as this with just a description. I'd be willing to do it though! I MUCH prefer the rubber bits to solid plastic.

FM - Thanks brother 8) 
Draagha, this little Forever Stem from Walker Briar Works is one of my favorites, but as you can see the design doesn't favor keeping the rubber pipes bits in place. I used my dremel tool with the fiber cutting wheel attachment to cut 2 notches in each side of the stem. Even with the steep V shaped angle of this bit, the notches give the rubber something to hold onto, even when saliva makes it's way up underneath the stem during smoking.

In the first pic, I slid the rubber pipe bit down the stem so you can see the mod, and in the second pic I slid it back up into place. Once I found out how well it works, I have modified many of my stems this way. At first it was hard for me to consider doing this, but I came to realize that without the rubber bit, I would depreciate the value of the stem with teeth marks anyhow. This way, all my pipes are comfortable and feel exactly the same when I have them clenched between my teeth.

Thanks brother!!! I will definately try that when my new stems come in! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Nice! Now that makes me want to take a couple of my cobs and do some trimming. Excellent work Draagha!

I have a pair of those mm cobs unmodified and I think if they got shortened enough nose-warmer would become a misnomer. I think eyebrow-warmer might be more appropriate. Those are tall bowls.