Mold on my Oak Alley!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd comb and walk that before I smoked it if I were you. Maybe give it a cute name like fu fu cuddly poo... I'm sure C&D will replace that.

That's my point! I was told it was complete rectified 9/2016....obviously not. Make sure your new C&D tobacco's don't swell up like a round ball in less than 18 months. Every now and then keep an eye open.
Good Luck.
As for me, I had enough issues with mold in my C&D tinned tobacco's in the past two years I'm done with them. Many more fine manufacturers/blenders to choose from! I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING LIED TO BY UPPER MANAGEMENT OF C&D!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just opened another tin to find some white string like matter in the cake, WTF! This one is dated 3/14

Yup, just send them a picture and if you still have the date provide that also. It will be replaced. Don't smoke any part of it, mold spores can do serious damage to your lungs. Was the tin overly swollen? It's truly aggravating but Smokingpipes will stand behind it totally.

KEEP ON PUFFING MOLD FREE TOBACCO's!!!

That's not mold, it's like nylon bits or some other material :x

Don't panic!! Just Check your tins for normal puffing of the tin from fermentation. If any are overly swollen I would open to check. If all if okay make sure you have a good amount of the small Mason or Ball jars on hand. Within the next two days I will be inspecting all of my tinned blends for overly large swollen ones!!The ones I have stored in large Rubbermaid tubs the blends are over ten years old.

KEEP ON STAYING CALM!!!

ak2000":e8e6rxjv said:
That's not mold, it's like nylon bits or some other material Mad
I still would not smoke it! You need to speak with a rep. again. Look at close with a magnifying glass. Look for fuzz along that white crap you said looks like nylon.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Sure, now you tell me... I picked the stuff out and smoked a bowl, it was really good... I sent another email to C&D earlier with pictures

ak2000

If you become short of breath just head to the ER. That definitely did not belong in the tobacco. If that ever happens again look at it close with a magnifying glass. No worries, might have just been a tampon string that was misplaced... :lol!: :fpalm:

KEEP ON PUFFING BUT NOT THAT CRAP!!!

Well aside from throwing up a little after that comment, I feel fine, that's just gross dude....lol

Those are slivers of the cardboard insert the tobacco packaged in. Most of the flake, plug, and crumble cake tobacco's from GLP, C&D, Capt Earle's etc. are packed in a cardboard tray. I think you'll be just fine, but if you have any doubts you can just send it on over my way for proper disposal :p

Adam

AdamCordray":38443ire said:
Those are slivers of the cardboard insert the tobacco packaged in.  Most of the flake, plug, and crumble cake tobacco's from GLP, C&D, Capt Earle's etc. are packed in a cardboard tray.  I think you'll be just fine, but if you have any doubts you can just send it on over my way for proper disposal :p

Adam    
That's what it looked like to me as well.  I mostly smoke Pease blends and almost all have some paper slivers in it that look like that.

The first pic however? That just looked awfull!!! THAT looked like some kind of mold.

AdamCordray":m50i9azb said:
Those are slivers of the cardboard insert the tobacco packaged in.  Most of the flake, plug, and crumble cake tobacco's from GLP, C&D, Capt Earle's etc. are packed in a cardboard tray.  I think you'll be just fine, but if you have any doubts you can just send it on over my way for proper disposal :p

Adam    
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! 8)

Response from C&D on the second tin:
"It is tiny shreds of paper from the die-cut insert that the tobacco is wrapped in. We try to shake all the little slivered edges of those inserts loose, but inevitably some gets through. Simply brush it off the cake of Oak Alley before smoking."

ak2000":xqvmfyss said:
Response from C&D on the second tin:
"It is tiny shreds of paper from the die-cut insert that the tobacco is wrapped in. We try to shake all the little slivered edges of those inserts loose, but inevitably some gets through. Simply brush it off the cake of Oak Alley before smoking."
Little late to the party, but I'm glad you received the response for C&D. I've seen those paper bits in almost every tin, of every blend I've ever opened. Never deterred me, & they are still my favorite blender. I think their VA's & VAper's some of the best on the market. Oh, and they are readily available.

Once I had an issue, I think its documented somewhere in here in the forum. I buy as many tins a needed to get free shipping. So this one time I receive 10 or 12 tins of Opening Night, and it tastes severely off. I wait a few days, & try it again. Same taste. Open another tin, same thing.  Open 3 more & same thing. Email the company, & the owners son responds w/in 24hrs. I cannot recall his name, but it was w/in days of the owner/founder(his dad) passing. He says they  have received no other quality complaints, but send it to them & they will replace. New product was on my door w/in a week, and it tasted phenomenal. That's pretty darn good customer service.

Didn't receive any other correspondence after the tobacco arrived. So about 4 weeks later & email him & to ask what a happened? Again w/in 24hr, he says "one sniff, I knew we mislabeled some Afterhours." Soon as he said, I was like, "thats what that taste was!"  Good company, good CS.