Momentary Lack of Reason

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaToad

Reaction score
Hello All,(First Post)
PAD,TAD... AO. I've fallen hard.

I'm here in Kalifornia, Sonoma County to be exact. Hot bed of politically correct, and those that would tell you everything you should and shouldn't do.

I've been watching, listening and trying to make sense of this new facination of mine. I've given up trying to understand it.
I'm also a musician, so this passionate science called "Piping" is just another variation on a theme.

I'm a very simplistic, black and white kinda guy... 150 years out of time. Things made from leather, canvas, wood, iron. brass; well you get it, are much more appealing to me than the slick products of today.

This is the long way around of saying I appreciate the folks here and a couple of other sites. Respectful, genuine and witty, ( mostly anyway). I'm just lookin' for a place by the fire and the chance to educate myself..

Thanks in advance for your patience and ideas. I will listen carefully and then do things my own way, that's just me. I am my Fathers son.

I've been hacking out some pipes from some of the fruit woods I have access to. Hacking is the ONLY way to describe them as they are functional but NOT refined at all. Better suited to a campfire and a bowl full of Capt. Black with a side of Capt. Morgan than anything else.

To those who haven't fallen asleep reading this, thanks. to those of you that did... sweet dreams and sweeter pipes 8)
PT

Welcome to BoB and do post often. I am sure any questions you might have you will be able to find the answers for somewhere on the forum, but if you can't just holler at us and we will do out best to help you out. Since you are enjoying making your own pipes out of soft wood you might look into one of the briar kits. They do the drilling for you and you shape it out. Mostly, have fun and enjoy the toby.

Hello there, and cool to have you around! Also, I find myself quite agreeing with your stand on design. 8)

Welcome to the BoB PapaToad, I hope your place here by the fire brings you the comfort and old fashioned peace you seek!

Welcome, PT! I hope you enjoy your time here, and that we hear more from you

"T"

Welcome!

Ask all your questions. If you can use our rotten search function, you'll probably find threads that either answer your question or narrow it. But if those leads don't avail, ask, ask away. I spent my first two years on an ancestor of this board asking questions. There is much to learn. But its quite doable.

Welcome!

Welcome, PT. And if what you make holds tobacco and you're enjoying the experience, than hacking or not, you're doing it right. From here, it's only aesthetics that change.

Natch

Papatoad, we must be related! I'm of like mind in many respects as you. Welcome to the fold. Keep the homefires lit.

Welcome fellow Kalifornian (and fellow Toad-er)! We are a rare breed here, so it is always good to meet a new brother! Take a seat by the fire, light up a bowl of your choosing, and let the conversation begin! (Puff...puff)

Cheers!

Toad Hall":7zet75fr said:
Welcome fellow Kalifornian (and fellow Toad-er)! We are a rare breed here, so it is always good to meet a new brother! Take a seat by the fire, light up a bowl of your choosing, and let the conversation begin! (Puff...puff)

Cheers!
Wind in the Willows. What a great great book! Every time I read it I want to drift off to sleep and dream.... Great avatar, btw. :)