Motorcycle madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure, that for a lot of people, riding motorcycles is all about the adrenaline rush and the danger involved. If you were to eliminate the element of danger, a lot of people simply would not ride.

If you like the feeling of the wind against your body, you could just buy a convertible, and eliminate a lot of the risk involved in being on 2 wheels with little protection.

Dutch":0o10gvgc said:
I'm pretty sure, that for a lot of people, riding motorcycles is all about the adrenaline rush and the danger involved. If you were to eliminate the element of danger, a lot of people simply would not ride.

If you like the feeling of the wind against your body, you could just buy a convertible, and eliminate a lot of the risk involved in being on 2 wheels with little protection.
Dutch, my friend, I agree. The danger factor plays alot into the initial attraction of riding and can play into how we ride and what we ride. I don't ride my Triumph Speed Triple for it's efficiency...

I will wear the gear so I can enjoy that S-curve with my knee on the ground.

I'm with you, man. Full face helmet, mesh jacket with Kevlar shoulders/elbows, jeans and good riding boots… and good gloves. I'd rather sit our in July and August here in Texas than take a chance. Spring is a no brainer. September, October and even into November, ride's pretty nice. Love the Speed Triples but I'm and old school guy who misses my Bonneville T120 This was shot when I bought her. Added some tasteful mods since then.

Wow, I love that Scrambler (I put 50k on a 2002 America). Lucifer Orange is my favorite Triumph color as well. Ride safe!
I have my '66 Triumph chopper on Craigslist. Its just too unsafe (brakes, lights or lack thereof). If I can sell it, I really want to pick up a used Scrambler. That sit-up and beg riding position is just right.

riff raff":l8crml29 said:
Wow, I love that Scrambler (I put 50k on a 2002 America).  Lucifer Orange is my favorite Triumph color as well.  Ride safe!
I have my '66 Triumph chopper on Craigslist.  Its just too unsafe (brakes, lights or lack thereof).  If I can sell it, I really want to pick up a used Scrambler.  That sit-up and beg riding position is just right.  
Im a fairly tall guy at 6'3"+ and the cruiser riding position kills my back. I seriously considered the new Honda CB 1100 but it wasn't retro enough… and I love the upswept pipes on the Scrambler. That being said the only other bikes I might consider adding (strictly for road trips) are a Road Glide, a Cross Country and a Rocket III.

I can't think of the last time I went on a substantial ride when someone didn't come up to me ask ask what year my Triumph is. They're shocked when I tell 'em it's an 08. The most fun I've had on a bike since my 85 VF1000R.

Yep, when you are on a retro but new Triumph, you better get used to chatting with people on every stop. My wife would just roll her eyes when yet another person walked up and said "can I ask what year that is?".
I am done with forward controls, never like them in the first place. (I have mid-controls on my chopper)

WaydeG":sai8cau2 said:
riff raff":sai8cau2 said:
Wow, I love that Scrambler (I put 50k on a 2002 America).  Lucifer Orange is my favorite Triumph color as well.  Ride safe!
I have my '66 Triumph chopper on Craigslist.  Its just too unsafe (brakes, lights or lack thereof).  If I can sell it, I really want to pick up a used Scrambler.  That sit-up and beg riding position is just right.  
Im a fairly tall guy at 6'3"+ and the cruiser riding position kills my back. I seriously considered the new Honda CB 1100 but it wasn't retro enough… and I love the upswept pipes on the Scrambler. That being said the only other bikes I might consider adding (strictly for road trips) are a Road Glide, a Cross Country and a Rocket III.

I can't think of the last time I went on a substantial ride when someone didn't come up to me ask ask what year my Triumph is. They're shocked when I tell 'em it's an 08. The most fun I've had on a bike since my 85 VF1000R.

Dutch":0wfv279u said:

For me it's not the danger element...it is a feeling of freedom and connection with the road and nature that I just dont get in a car of any kind.  It's like that old saying...

"4 wheels moves the body...2 wheels moves the soul."

I've done the normal progression through bike styles as I've gotten older...from dirtbike, to crotch rocket, to cruiser, just as most people do.  When I was younger, the thrill of speed was great, but now i just like to relax and enjoy the ride...I just cannot imagine not owning/riding a motorcycle.

calibound.jpg
IMG_20140418_114427.jpg

It's also a way to share something I am passionate about with my oldest son...he's still too young for cigars and pipes...lol
.facebook_2011841451.jpg